american p51d

Greetings from Houston Texas! I've been wanting to start modelling world war 2 aircraft for quite some time but never got the chance to actually start. This is the first time I attempted at this hobby. I kinda rushed it a bit since I knew I wouldn't get back to it soon since im currently in college now.

Here i have an unfinished (missing decals) p51d. one my personal favorites. as you can see it looks drastically rushed. I must ask, how do you guys manage to paint the inside of the plane like seats gauges etc? are extra fine point brushes used?

please provide me with criticism.thanks!

-Ah

image7_zps429c908a.jpeg

image7_zps429c908a.jpeg

• Like 1

Not bad at all for your first attempt! Which kit is that?

Whenever possible, interior painting is best done before the kit is assembled. Any hobby shop (or even your local Walmart) will sell fine tipped liner brushes that can be used to pick out the details.

You mentioned that your rushed your kit... it's a trap we can all fall into when we're anxious to see results. The best results come with patience and slow work though. Remember, there's very little you can do to the model that you cannot fix later with enough effort, but why go back and fix it when you can do it right the first time? Patience (and some would say a beer or three) is the key.

Post more photos!

That is an excellent attempt for a first go, wish mine had been as good when I started out.

As Skull has said, paint the interior before you glue the two halves together and take your time.

Looking at what you have done tells me you have the skills needed, you just need to slow down a little and take your time.

Well done for having the confidence to post it and ask for criticism / help, you will find that in abundance here so stick at it.

Most of all, have fun with the building, and now you have made your first, your skills will improve with every future build you do.

Best of luck.

Edited by jettnett2003

Nice first attempt indeed,especially as you've gone for a metal finish which to me is the hardest type.

Have a look at the work in progress part of this site, you will, like me, pick up a lot of building and finishing tips.

You will also get a lot of help and advice from the members if you get stuck with anything so just ask

One tip I can give you if your brush painting is thin the paint well and build up the coverage in layers, that's one of the tips I found out from this site.