hobbyboss lynx "black cats"

Hi folks,would have loved to join with Revells lynx but as I am now ten months into a duel build no way could I have completed

another one in time so I was going to give this GB a miss but a trip to my LMS today and a shaft of light and angelic music led

me to this kit just arrived on the shelf so here goes........lynxbox_zps51cdfc88.jpg

Made a start on the interior yesterday,not sure if HB have got the layout right but I am sticking to their instructions.added picture of my revell

"endurance" lynx for comparison,also filled ejector pin marks before joining halves together thanks for looking.SDC10596_zps64278c9e.jpgSDC10178_zpsb7f0088f.jpg

• Like 1

Great choice Steve, and welcome to the GB. The HB kit is quite nice, I think they cut some corners in certain areas but in general not too bad, after the Airfix kit being the only game in tomwn for over thirty years.

Colin

Lynx-GB-banner_zps53c18225.jpg

What is your opinion of the hobbyboss kit I see it on eBay for around £12 how does it compare to the Airfix or Fujimi ones. I have seen the polish ones and they are a bit basic. The seats look good

Rodders

Its a great little kit,basic in some areas very similar in feel to airfix,I do like the delicate riveting which revell left of their 1/32 scale kits.

Nice progress so far.

Is that as far as you have progressed on the Revell Lynx? You can enter that as well if you fancy it?

Antony

Thanks Antony,My Revell lynx,s are near complete,I was making good progress up until the summer but got back into 1/72 scale and have not

touched them for months however I have re-started them for the KUTA GB see link below.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234940564-westland-lynx/?hl=lynx

Good progress over the last couple of days,this is really a great little kit to build.needs a little filler on the nose sensor due to my ham

fisted cutting off the sprue!I might be tempted at another one as Hobbyboss do a RN super lynx and a Danish navy version as well.SDC10601_zps1323a177.jpg

Hi folks,well into this build now and enjoying every minute,after painting the black spine and giving the airframe a coat of thinned Vallejo gloss

I cut the Lynx decal into four parts for application and they went on a dream.the doors "click" into place so they pop of to show the interior.all

the rotors are painted and the mesh intakes now fitted,they are moulded in clear plastic as are Revells but they have the mesh texture so once

painted black I dry brushed them in silver and in this scale look great.Thanks for looking.SDC10602_zps3e57946f.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

That looks great, i might have to try and find one of those kits.

Antony

Thanks Antony, go and get one! it,s been a joy to build,quick and simple I hope to post the finished article in a day or two,got the glazing painted

yesterday including the doors/tail rotor also done,

• 3 weeks later...