As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

UPDATE IN PROGRESS

I'm uploading some new files to the server presently, so be aware that if you happen to catch it mid-upload, you'll get some kind of error message. Also, don't post anything super-important for the next 30 minutes unless you've copied and pasted your hard work to the clipboard before you hit POST. If you're not sure what to do, click in your posting window, press CTRL+A to highlight all, then CTRL+C to copy it. Then go into word or wordpad and press CTRL+V to drop it into a document until you're sure it's posted :)

Bear with us ;)

Mike.

Shuddup you. :fight: I know Julien's not listening, as he's just asked me what's going on :rolleyes:

It was a minor update, mostly fixing bugs that have crept out of the woodwork, but right away I can't seem to edit the post above to add this to it. Hopefully that's a one-off, but we'll have to check that. :rolleyes:

It was a minor update, mostly fixing bugs that have crept out of the woodwork, but right away I can't seem to edit the post above to add this to it. Hopefully that's a one-off, but we'll have to check that. :rolleyes:

Oh goody! The update seems to have screwed a few things up. There's a surprise :rolleyes:

If things aren't working, and so far the "Edit" button and a few moderator tools aren't functioning properly, as well as the Post button, it would seem. If nothing happens after you press POST, just wait a wee while and press F5 to refresh the page (you can copy your post just in case if you like), and you'll find it has turned up in the thread. What on earth is going on, I don't know, but I foresee a support request with our forum software people in the very near future :(

I'm uploading some new files to the server presently, so be aware that if you happen to catch it mid-upload, you'll get some kind of error message. Also, don't post anything super-important for the next 30 minutes unless you've copied and pasted your hard work to the clipboard before you hit POST. If you're not sure what to do, click in your posting window, press CTRL+A to highlight all, then CTRL+C to copy it. Then go into word or wordpad and press CTRL+V to drop it into a document until you're sure it's posted :)

Bear with us ;)

Mike.

Test quote

I can tell you that when you try to go check your prior content by clicking on your name, your likes and messages, there is no access. Aren't updates wonderful!!

GAH! Don't people even bother testing their software these days, or do they just throw it out the door hoping we'll do all that tedious work for them? :angry:

I've found that I can't access the Mail, Notifications and Profile fly-out menus at the top right of the screen. To work-around that, right-click them and choose to open them in a new tab. It works that way, but not if you just click. Same with logging in. Right-click, new tab, and bingo, you get a login page. Stupid idiots! <_< (them, not you lot). :boom:

It seems all the pop up menus are disabled, even the community links at the bottom are borked but as you say, right clicking and copying the URL also works to access profile etc.

It's mental innit? I've put in a support request with IPS, the people that wrote the software, and given them a list of things Georgeusa and I have found in the short time since the "upgrade". More news at 11 :hmmm:

If anyone else can spot things that aren't working, post 'em here :)

Test quote

Okay then.

To me, it doesn't matter how good you are. Sport is all about playing and competing. Whatever you do in cricket and in sport, enjoy it, be positive and try to win.

Ian Botham

Thanks for that :)

Errors spotted so far:

• When making a post, pressing POST brings up the little green "please wait" bars forever. If you press F5, the post has been made, but it's not updating the window.
  • the Edit button does not work in any posts, even for a Root Admin.
  • Hide brings up the eternal green boxes
  • Delete brings up the eternal green boxes
  • Clicking on the post # - eternal green boxes
  • Topic moderation - no longer a button
  • Sign in button - no longer a button
  • Hovering over a member's name to bring up their quick profile card - no longer functioning
  • Clicking the - on a category to minimise it - no longer working
  • Mail, notifications & Profile fly-out menus - no longer working

Had a reply from IPS, and they're going to fix a few things. They reckon we might be missing a few files. Is that the same as a sandwich short of a picnic? :hmmm:

Happily, we always backup on a daily basis, but the data isn't the issue - it's the forum software that's playing up. The two are discrete and separate, which is good news when things like this happen. The missing files are going to be uploaded shortly, all being well.

Mike,

I've had a LOT of problems with lots of www all evening, not just in here. Now that I think about it, some of them look like they used the same software as here. I got to click in the same place to do things, etc. It does explain a lot.

Keep up your good work. And yes, users are expected to debug the software for the developers these days :(

Regards,

Gerard

Thanks for the supportive comments everyone :)

smilies for messages dont seem to be working,

This, everything else seems ok though.

N'kay - the file re-upload has finished, and I'm finding everything to be working again. Everyone else ok? :)