Monogram 1/48 F-20 Tigerhark Whiffer

Hi folks,

A few months ago I let the fantasy lose on one of my all time favourites. I can not really put my finger on why, but I just love this plane, she is a sleek beauty. I did build it as a child and when I got my hands on a second hand kit I just could not resist it. The question was just what to do with it... After some long and anxious thoughts I decided to make a SAAF camo scheme, like the ones they had on their Mirage F1AZ. Some of those Mirages was later sold to Gabon, and there we had it :)

Tigershark+2.jpg

Tigershark+1.jpg

The Monogram kit is beautifully detailed but with raised details. I re-scribed the panel lines, opened up and scratch built the gear bays and the hatches. Moreover I added some PE from Eduard (F-5E) and a Quickboost Gun Bay. The front office is a mix of PE and original kit parts. A MPM exhaust from the Gripen fighter filled the rear and a snorkel for extra fuel in the air was added.

Tigershark+6.jpg

Tigershark+5.jpg

A Skyraider gave up it's fuel tanks and together with some Hasegawa practice bombs (that was doomed to never be used) and two Python 3 missiles she was ready for practice run take off. She is painted with Gunze and Aclad II.

Tigershark+4.jpg

A build thread in Swedish language can be found here: http://www.ipmsstockholm.se/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3676

Hope you like it :)

Cheers

/Fred

• Like 6