1/48 Eduard RNoAF F-16 MLU

Hi,

This is my latest build, a RNoAF F-16 MLU. I used the Eduard NATO Falcons kit, i.e. Kinetic, together with decals from Vingtor and a PJ pilot in the office.

Falcon+4.jpg

Falcon+5.jpg

As Eduard is adding resin and PE to the Kinetic kit the build is more or less OOB, just some wiring added.

Falcon+2.jpg

Falcon+1.jpg

I have added a decent amount of weapons from the kit and Hasegawas Weapons set to make it look like pictures that I found on the web taken at Souda Bay, Crete, during the Libya Air War.

Falcon+6.jpg

I always wanted to make a Norwegian F-16, but it is rather difficult to get all over one tone grey schemes to come alive but I gave it a try. She is painted with Gunze and Aclad II where needed.

Hope you like it :)

Cheers

/Fred

• Like 14

Looks very much like the real deal. I think you have made the best out of the one tone grey F-16 that is possible without overdoing the weathering. Excellent build. I wonder if I'l ever reach that level....?

I see from your signature that you may live not that far from Værnes airport outside Trondheim. Next year 21-22. June there will be an airshow celebrating 100 years of flying from Værnes. I'm sure you'll have a chance to see a RNoAF F-16 up close I you have the chance to visit the show.

Edited by NorwegianWood

Thank's for all nice comments. Please add some feed-back as well :)

Great job! Weathering can often be too heavy - this is just right.

Nils

Well Sir, thank you for making it happen. Your decals are very nice in deed!

Looks very much like the real deal. I think you have made the best out of the one tone grey F-16 that is possible without overdoing the weathering. Excellent build. I wonder if I'l ever reach that level....?

I see from your signature that you may live not that far from Værnes airport outside Trondheim. Next year 21-22. June there will be an airshow celebrating 100 years of flying from Værnes. I'm sure you'll have a chance to see a RNoAF F-16 up close I you have the chance to visit the show.

You are right, grew up seeing visiting F-16 from Ă˜rland in the sky. Thank you for the Værnes link.

I am also sure you can build a much better one!

//Fred

• 2 weeks later...