This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

85sqn

Jester's A-4e Skyhawk

Hi folks

I have just finished my Hasegawa A-4e as seen in Top Gun. The kit is great and I love building skyhawks, the last one was a classic airframes TA-4J. Paint was Humbrol acryclics for the main scheme with some Tamiya paints used for other bits and pieces. I used a resin escapac and the decals were Hasegawa. Beware if you ever make this scheme the kits paint instructions are quite wrong for the upper and lower wing surfaces and using some reference material will give you the right scheme. The kit decals are for just after the filming of Top gun, where 'Jester' is no longer on the a/c sides. There are some slight differences if you use any of the later reference photos where clear bits of overpaint are shown.

Anyway apologies for the quality of the photos, it's something for me to work on.

Jester1.jpg

Jester2.jpgJester3.jpgJester4.jpgJester5.jpgJester6.jpg

:clap2: Great work! great details, photos too!

Nicely done...I have always wanted to build a scooter in these colors tooo......can I know what colors you used ?

Always a treat to see scooters.....

rgds

mr b

Thanks for the comments folks. I used:

Humbrol 94 pale stone, 116 Green, 186 Tan for the main camouflage and a touch of white in the 94 to make it a little paler.

Humbrol metal cote for the exhaust and any other little bits were tamiya acryclics.

Blast from the eighties! Good job, very nice looking kit!

Very nice, colours look great. The trouble is now I have the film soundtrack buzzing around in my head!

Love it!

I had the film paused at certain points just to get shots of the underside!

Thanks for the comments folks. I used:

Humbrol 94 pale stone, 116 Green, 186 Tan for the main camouflage and a touch of white in the 94 to make it a little paler.

Humbrol metal cote for the exhaust and any other little bits were tamiya acryclics.

thanks for that much obliged

rgds

mr b

Thats very nice indeed.

Love the UC bay doors, with the red border, excellent work.

That's really cool! Anyone else ever wondered why goose and mav got their bits kicked for going below the hard deck when jester must have gone down first? Or should I just not think about it too much...

Excellent job on the `Scooter`, really nice