Dont Ever Ever Ever tell me u.f.o,s Dont exist?

jetboy

Tell you what,we have no idea whats flying around in our space/air,there even shooting down uav,s disguised as birds in pakistan.In this day and age i wouldnt want to be a migratory bird,it used to be the only problem birds had was,hunters/trappers and the odd parked invisible spaceship. doh! but now its going to be every trigger happy person,if we are just finding out about cameras dressed as birds,What else is up there??

cheers Don

or they are some sort of?

http://rt.com/usa/army-maveric-prioria-drone-400/

• Like 1

UFOs only exist in that people often haven't a clue what they are looking at.

The preponderance of UFO sightings bears no relationship to alien intelligence - but is very much related to the intelligence level of the human making the sighting.

I would give you an argument here, considering the background to the Rendlesham incident, which was virtually in my back yard. An ex of mine was a witness at 60 feet away, and I know several more.

I have also met and discussed the matter with the 3 Security Policemen who attended on two out of the three consecutive nights and touched the craft.

Never mind the huge cover-up, and the American hit squad from Ramstein in Noddy Suits handling the radiation problem.....then there is the distorted vegetation that remains to this day...the stuff they didn't get round to cutting down and replanting.....and the dead spots where nothing grows in the forest and the field.

• Like 1

Funny subject this as I'm inclined not to believe in Aliens ever entering our atmosphere, ever, amen.

I have once seen lights in the sky of a description that I have never seen before or since, but I don't believe they were of alien origin.

I was cycling home from work one night and saw four separate lights high above the southern horizon, so I assumed they were landing lights on aircraft entering the hold before landing at Stanstead.

It was a clear starry night and these lights were well spaced apart and travelled over. No blinking, or flashing, or flickering like a lantern does. Just one really large bluish light. No noise whatsoever. These were brighter than the light reflected from ISS as I have watched that going over. They all, one after the other made a long turn to the north east, can't remember how long it took to witness, but you could still see them as they travelled off towards the horizon. No noise came from them.

My assumption was that they were satellites of some sort, but did a bit of research and contacted the Dundee Satellite Receiving Station and they couldn't answer.

I just wanted to know what they were, just curiosity as I'd never seen anything similar I rang Lakenheath, actually put me through to someone and they drew a blank, in hindsight I guess they would wouldnt they? Martlesham Heath Police were interested enough to take details and even rang back about a week afterwards. This was before they stopped accepting reports like this. The report must be held somewhere.

I still think they were man made.

Any-one have any ideas? I was wondering if they were drones at high altitude, but why a wopping great light, and can they necessarily be heard at ground level? Are there any military aircraft that can't be heard from the ground?

Martin

Of course there are things the viewer doesn't fully understand. That doesn't mean they are anything to do with aliens from outer space.

It mostly means the viewer doesn't recognise what they are looking at. Most times the explanation is mundane and a more knowledgeable viewer would have recognised what the object/phenomemon was without a problem.

On very rare occasions, the object/phenomemon is truly unexplainable - but it still doesn't make it a Little Green Man.

I had EXACTLY the same experience back in 1971/72!!! I was walking home late one night after seeing my girlfriend home and set about a 5 mile walk home. This bright light caught my attention and remained relatively stationary then shot up vertically just like in the video clip above. Weird!!

Of course there are things the viewer doesn't fully understand. That doesn't mean they are anything to do with aliens from outer space.

It mostly means the viewer doesn't recognise what they are looking at. Most times the explanation is mundane and a more knowledgeable viewer would have recognised what the object/phenomemon was without a problem.

On very rare occasions, the object/phenomemon is truly unexplainable - but it still doesn't make it a Little Green Man.

HI ERIC,ive read most things on u.f.o,s,and im convinced most of them are military hardware tests etc,that we dont know about until we need too?but theres this percentage,that defy these assumptions/pigeon holes,and by people that will know what they are talking about,ie police/army/pilots,they are the worrying ones?

cheers Don

HI ERIC,ive read most things on u.f.o,s,and im convinced most of them are military hardware tests etc,that we dont know about until we need too?but theres this percentage,that defy these assumptions/pigeon holes,and by people that will know what they are talking about,ie police/army/pilots,they are the worrying ones?

cheers Don

I think most of them are absolutely nothing to do with anything strange or mysterious or secret. They are down to the inability of the observer to know or understand what they are looking at. Hence the term "Unidentified" being appropriate.

On very RARE occasions the sighting MAY be of a top secret military project under test but there just aren't that many top secret military projects of that nature to account for the bulk of sightings.

And they are NEVER alien spacecraft.

• Like 1

And they are NEVER alien spacecraft.

Count me as a non-believer as well... it assums too much, that alien lifeforms have even found earth, that they are comparable in size to humans for their craft to be similar to our own... that they travel who know how far or for how long to get here and then don't attempt proper contact in a well lit and well populated area... and inbetween the so called sightings where do they stay/live/play...

Sorry... too many unanswerable questions like that for me.

• Like 1

I have absolutely no doubt that alien life exists somewhere in the universe. I also have absolutely no doubt that those aliens are not visiting us at the moment.

I once read that we could build an insterstellar spaceship at our current level of technology but it would take the entire GDP of every country on on the planet for the next 300 years to pay for it. Interstellar travel is always going to be a very expensive venture. For aliens to want to come to Earth, there would have to be a very compelling economic reason and so it's very unlikely indeed that they would hide their presence once they arrived.

Of they were here, we'd all know about it.

bet you were disapointed when they didnt,sail off the edge of the world,all those years ago,or even if, we were meant to fly,we,d be born with feathers?

we never know whats around the corner,im at a loss,as to why sensible people should spout rubbish,but it seems they do?in your world.are you not intrigued by why these things have followed humanity,through its modern history,are you not intrigued as to why history ,doesnt account for lifes little things,like this,are you not intrested that d.n.a.that we have only scratched the surface of,are you not intrested that,technology was far better,thousands of years ago,than mainstream history tells us,these are things,we should ask ourselves really,there seems to be things we do know,and can find out,but there is a few things,that seem to be hidden from us,which im sure we will come to a conclusion about eventually,but only if we are allowed too?

cheers Don

I have absolutely no doubt that alien life exists somewhere in the universe. I also have absolutely no doubt that those aliens are not visiting us at the moment.

I once read that we could build an insterstellar spaceship at our current level of technology but it would take the entire GDP of every country on on the planet for the next 300 years to pay for it. Interstellar travel is always going to be a very expensive venture. For aliens to want to come to Earth, there would have to be a very compelling economic reason and so it's very unlikely indeed that they would hide their presence once they arrived.

Of they were here, we'd all know about it.

Count me as a non-believer as well... it assums too much, that alien lifeforms have even found earth, that they are comparable in size to humans for their craft to be similar to our own... that they travel who know how far or for how long to get here and then don't attempt proper contact in a well lit and well populated area... and inbetween the so called sightings where do they stay/live/play...

Sorry... too many unanswerable questions like that for me.

should you not be thinking,why we. are the same/similar to them instead,of thinking that we are top dogs?just a thought.

cheers Don

In the strictest sense of the definition UFOs exist. But are they extraterrestrial? Nicht, neit, non nope.

By sheer definition if there was an extraterrestrial visitation to this planet, one would expect them to possess a bit of intelligence (which would largely borne out by them making here in the first place) they aren't going to buzz a few lonely cars in the depths of the night, nick a few cows and abduct a few hillbillies and tuck them back up in bed.

This is coming from a person who favourite TV Programme is GAs UFO.

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk

should you not be thinking,why we. are the same/similar to them instead,of thinking that we are top dogs?just a thought.

cheers Don

I never said we are top dog but rather I find it hard to believe we would be so similar....

The odds of winning the UK lottery are in the region of 14 million to 1 yet many continue to play each week believivg they can win the jackpot... and yet, despite those very few that do win, the overwhelming majority of players will lose each week.

Now, 'never say never' is a wise enough approach to most things... your analogy that for centuries we never thought man would fly or go to the moon but no we know different is a prime example.

I'm not saying that life only exists on Earth but the chances that we are the only planet with life (as we know it) in our solar system is so high as to be a fact until new evidence changes that fact.

The technology/time it would take other life forms to reach us means that IMVHO they would be so different as to make any such contact pointless... it would be akin to man discovering a germ and trying to comunicate with it...

So, I'll conceed we should never say never... however I've yet to be shown anything to disprove that we on Earth are not alone in our solar system (and beyond) and that given our puny lifespan as a species on the planet the odds that these 'aliens from other galaxies light years away' arrive on earth at the percise time in our evolution were we on earth are capable of registering their presence is simply too great to be considered possible let alone plausable.

YES.... Tomorrow things may change... but I firmly believe I have a better chance winning the jackpot in the Euromillions lottery draw this weekend than I (or amyone else) will have of having an actual uncontested documented encounter with any alien in my lifetime.

I'd better get my ticket just in case...

Edited by Séan Pádraig

If we are ever visited by ET (I agree I would not use the never word either), contact will probably be made in a form we as 21st Century humans would struggle to comprehend. Look at voyager for example (yes I know it's primitive) but it took 36 year just to leave the solar system. I don't think we can comprehend the distances and energy required for an interstellar journey.

Alien visitation I think is highly unlikely to a big lumbering space ship as depicted in say "Independence Day' and a host of other sci-fi hoving into view one day. It's more likely in my opinion to along the lines as Sagan depicts in 'Contact' or Clarke in '2001'.

Studies in UFO sightings have proved there is a direct correlation between the number of sightings and times of World tension. I'm pretty sure that UFOs are a convenient way for the men in the Ministry to cover their tracks and to disguise some of their less desirable activity and a really good way of deflecting attention away from "black projects" from the publics gaze. It's also a good way subliminally planting into Joe Public mind there is an unseen menace, after all one mans bug eyed alien, is another ones, red under the bed.

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk
  • Like 1