Frog 1/72 Gloster Javelin FAW9 for Obsolete GB

Hi all, I did this for the Obsolete GB and I must admit, not sorry to see the back of this, nothing major wrong with the kit, just some fit issues and my general weariness with old kits!

Anyway, its done, you never know Father Christmas might bring me the new Airfix 1/48 kit (in my dreams lol!!!!!)

Javelin18.jpg

Javelin19.jpg

Javelin20.jpg

• Like 9

Tidy job there. I have one built and one in the stash. Maybe I'm just used to old kits!

Thanks for the kind words!!

I've nothing against old kits, just built a few old timers recently and need to do something nice & easy to get my enthusiasm back (I can feel a Revel Hunter coming on!)!!

cheers

Simon

Nice job, old kit or not!

• Like 1

A smashing Javelin Simon. For its age, and despite the fit problems, it's scrubbed up rather well hasn't it? I still reckon that many of the old Frog kits had the right look and capture the character of the real machines. Their Javelin and Buccaneer are IMHO much more accurate in outline than the Airfix counterparts. An excellent build.

Mark

• Like 1

Not the easiest kit in the world if memory serves correctly, never got very far with mine, probably as it eas being built at bad time. Yours looks very nicely fiinished and shows a lot of older models shine up nicely with a bit of TLC. Like it a lot

• Like 1

Cheers again guys.

Not the easiest kit in the world if memory serves correctly, never got very far with mine, probably as it eas being built at bad time. Yours looks very nicely fiinished and shows a lot of older models shine up nicely with a bit of TLC. Like it a lot

No Martin, not the easiest, always struggle a bit with the join on kits that have fuselage split top & bottom and the wings were a poor fit.

Anyway its done, thanks again. Simon!!