F-16A Prototype Paint Scheme

Bri48

Love the whole diorama idea but, the engine.... Oh what a fantastic paint job and weathering!!!!

Though, I would like to notice something. I believe the engine's exhaust is in the afterburner throttle position, instead it should be open when it's parked. But, anyway these are just details.

Again, fantastic job Brian!!!

• Like 1

Very nice what you got out of that very old kit!

I was also considering building that one, but after looking into the box, I just decided to keep it for spare parts... ;-)

Not nice to say, but you kind of "wasted" your very good modeller skills on this.

I'd be very happy to see you building the Hasegawa Kit and how great it would turn out.

Anyways, again, you got the most out of this one. I'm impressed.

Cheers

B.

• Like 1

An outstanding display and series of photographs, Brian ! The color scheme of this one is a classic and you have expertly captured it here. Really nice F-100 engine, too ..... did this come with the kit ?

Somewhere around I have an old 1/48 F-16 in air superiority grey that needs an overhaul and repair. I think it's a Monogram kit I built in the 1980's and it has an open nozzle in the back in which I had mounted a tiny grain of wheat bulb.In a darkened room it gave an "afterburner" effect and I recall taking snaps of it. LOL :lol: !

Mike

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Hi Mike, yes the engine is included with the kit as are the other accessories Tractor, Trestle and tow bar...the figures came from an Italeri set I think.

Hi Bearmatt, far from it (wasting my modelling skills) In fact I personally found it one of the most enjoyable builds I've had in years......

Brian.

• 1 month later...