Trumpeter C-47A 1/48

Gentlemen,

'Kilroy is Here' of the 79th TCS of the 436th TCG and delivered part of the 377th PFA (Parachute Field Artillery) Battalion of the 101st AB Division on the dawn of D-Day.

It was ship #38 of serial #10 and flown by 1st Lt. William K. Watson.

I hope you like her!

IMG_3101_zpsa322ff46.jpg

IMG_3104_zps84e03a23.jpg

IMG_3105_zps4bf5fa2a.jpg

IMG_3107_zpsb838d73a.jpg

IMG_3108_zps91e4e9c1.jpg

IMG_3109_zpse6cb6663.jpg

IMG_3110_zps78e21062.jpg

IMG_3111_zps56b5e94f.jpg

IMG_3112_zps27330593.jpg

IMG_3113_zpseab240a7.jpg

• Like 8

I like it. But... the one main thing that has put me off the Trumpy kit (not your model)is the recessed rivets and lines. Its the rivets that spoil it for me as on the real aircraft they are very much raised.

But, as I said at the start, I like what you have done. Good work.

What a beautiful model, I love the paintwork and the dripping effect on the D-Day stripes is very effective and a nice touch.

This is the first Trumpy Dak that I`ve seen built up and it looks very nice, although the front of the engine nacelles appear to look a bit strange to my eye?

In the US Airborne PFA stands for Parachute Field Artillery,...but in the British Airborne PFA stood for Parachute Field Ambulance,.....however the modern British Army has decided to ditch 100+ years of history and has done away with the Field Ambulance to conform with US practice and they have been re named Medical Regiments,....oh dear! I was a proud member of 23 PFA.

Sorry to go off on a tangent,....well done on a superb Dak!

Cheers

Tony