Spitfire MkIXc Eduard 1/48°

Hi

Here is my next one,

The Spitfire MkIXc From Eduard... Decals Xtradecal...

I used Gunze Acrylics ....end put on Brassin wheels from Eduard to....

This is the MJ216 Spitfire MkIXc from the Empire Flying School based at Hullavington between 1946 and 1949...

I'm wondering about the serial numbers, Xtradecal don't have it one decals sheet...is that because the plane don't have it in real ?

...if anyone know more about that....

IMG_0141%2520copie.jpg

IMG_0140%2520copie.jpg

IMG_0148%2520copie.jpg

IMG_0147%2520copie.jpg

IMG_0142%2520copie.jpg

IMG_0150%2520copie.jpg

IMG_0151%2520copie.jpg

Cheers

Yoyoal.

• Like 11

Very nice,.....a lovely bright Spitty!

This Spit was the subject of a nice clear colour photo which appeared in Aeroplane Monthly magazine a year or so ago,....I`ll see if I can dig it out re the serial,

Cheers

Tony

Hi,

Thanks for all this compliments, :blush:

I have to say that the Eduard kit, is so easy to build, that you can spend lot more time to paint and wheatering it...

@tonyot, thanks for your research ( I dont have "Aeroplane Monthly magazine" )

cheers all.

Yoyoal.

Found it,.....a quick google search came up with this;

7617060184_3fb64dd173_o_zps6bd9a0a5.jpg

Not the exact aircraft,....but as you can see the serial MH880 was applied under the tailplane!

Cheers

Tony

edit- does the leading colour of the fin flash look Orange ( a la SAAF) or is it just a trick of the colour photo?

Edited by tonyot

Hi,

thanks tonyot...

I have already found that picture too,

but it was not the plane I wanted to build, so I decided to follow the instructions from the xtradecals notice,

and not to apply the serial number under the tail...

but it would be very interresting to see a picture of th MJ216 Spitfire...

Just come across this thread and would like to add that I have almost completed the 1/72nd AZ kit of the same airframe. Accirding to the Xtradecal info on the set it appears it was an early 9 with the samll carb intake and large cannon blisters but no cannon stubs. As for the serial, I opted to add them anyway as it looks unfinished without. I went for the normal 8" for the fuselage and applied them over the sky stripe and underwing too in 12 or 16" sizes (don't recall now but further details of my model soon),as I believe it would or should have carried them being its a post war finish. But I still can't find any images of MJ216 any where!

I'll post my photos later thisweek whenits satisfactorily complete.

PS: Since found out the airframe was CBAF built ,oct 1943, Merlin 63 fitted, served with 65, 453, 310, 504 and 303 squadrons before finally seeing out its days at the Empire Flying School 1946-49 and scrapped in 1949.