Kawasaki Ki45Kai Tei TORYU (NICK) 1/48

Stuck

Hi there,

Here are some pics of my just completed Hasegawa Ki45 , a kit that I picked up at a bankrupt stock shop for a pricey 9€ some 4 years ago. At that time i had only just started airbrushing, so left it half done for a couple of years while my technique got a bit better. Well the ophthalmologist or what ever her name was advised me in May that i should cut back on my models a bit, so the camo was done over four 2 hour sessions, which was quite long enough in one session cause after I must admit that i was starting to get a bit of brain warp.

As always on the very last hurdle disaster struck as i was giving it the final lick of paint silver on the end of the pitot tube (whats one of those :popcorn: ?) after shaking my container of Vallejo i didnt notice I had paint all over my fingers, say no more, in panic i tried to clean it off with mild alcohol which dissolved the future finish :weep:. Then on the very last job I over stretched the aerial, oh well never mind.

The kit was built OOTB apart from an Eduard zoom set for the cockpit, everything went together well and I can thoroughly recommend it Hope you like it and all criticism welcome.

Thanks for looking Mike

PS, Yes I know that the props should be brown , but the paint call outs said propeller color, and i assumed that was black, a mistake i didnt realize until looking at an example on BM

1s_zpsbb482728.jpg2s_zps32ac99c0.jpg2s_zps32ac99c0.jpg3s_zps2c2637be.jpg4s_zps5f4b2137.jpg5s_zpsf8e1fb2a.jpg6s_zpsec588591.jpg7s_zpsb53284c2.jpg

Edited by Stuck
  • Like 2