1:32 Revell Sea Lynx Mk 88a

Well it seems like I haven't achieved much over the last two days., lots of masking and cementing of little part's I might even get some paint on her tomorrow!

DSC_0440_zps3ffee227.jpg

Got the undercarriage 'out-riggers' in place as well as a few pieces on the underside

DSC_0441_zps07231c7b.jpg
Main rotor blades masked off ready for the leading edges to be sprayed aluminium.
DSC_0442_zpse5cf59ae.jpg
Main doors & cockpit doors masked and ready for spraying. Tail-rotor is now finished apart from decalling. Main wheels finished.
Main rotor and paint tomorrow?

Looking good but your rotor blades need some rigidity. Lynx at rest demonstrate a curious thing of the MRB's pointing upwards.

I wish I had 12 hours to model, bliss.

Thanks, but I can see to way to easily fix it. I can model for so long as I'm on leave from work and I have nobody to please other than myself and my cats.

Looking good Mish. What grey did you use?

Thanks Tim the darker exterior grey is Tamiya XF-24 and the light exterior grey is Gunze H338 Light Grey

Looking good with the decals.

12 hours of modelling, respect to that. Just done 2 hours in my workshop, the west wind blowing cold wet draughts through the Eve's. spraying the rotor blades and drying them with an old hair dryer, don't tell the wife that's why she got new this Christmas.

With respect to the blades, just a thought if you could glue metal rod underneath the blades to straighten them out. I did this with an 1/72 Airfix Mk 8 I made with Airwaves BURP blades, pre Airfix Mk8 kit.

Cheers the Woo

With respect to the blades, just a thought if you could glue metal rod underneath the blades to straighten them out. I did this with an 1/72 Airfix Mk 8 I made with Airwaves BURP blades, pre Airfix Mk8 kit.

Thanks but to do this would then (in my opinion) ruin the look of the blades and at 1:32 this is going to be very visible. So not for me as my models get exhibited at model shows.

Mish, may I suggest having a quick peek here (post #71)and have a look at my solution. It works for both the 1/32 Lynx I've done and the added bonus is it makes removing the blades simple for transportation. It also means you can slightly tweek the blade at the point where the brass rod is to take out any droop without fear of breaking the blade where it attaches to the blade arm.

• Like 1

Thanks, but I can see to way to easily fix it. I can model for so long as I'm on leave from work and I have nobody to please other than myself and my cats.

Thanks Tim the darker exterior grey is Tamiya XF-24 and the light exterior grey is Gunze H338 Light Grey

Thanks Mish. I was wavering between XF-24 and RLM 75. I was forming the view that the latter was a touch too dark, so you have helped make my mind up!

• Like 1