Wingnut Wings Snipe

Thanks!

Did u win anything at Telford with this one?

Ah, you noticed.. No, I didn't with this one - the standard was very high! I took 3 Wingnut kits & 3 1/48th Armour models (just posting those in the Armour section.. ;) ) I got 2 commendations and the Gaspatch trophy for the Albatros - I was really pleased to get anything at all as there were some incredible builds that didn't get a mention - my first proper competition and I think I'm hooked! I'm already planning what to take next year...

Wonderful job! Are those the "Late RAF" Gaspatch turnbuckles? I've just ordered a set to try out on my SW Siskin IIIA. Do you use them at both ends of the wires or just the lower end?

Hello Graham, if it's not too late I wouldn't get the RAF Gaspatch turnbuckles - although they're correct, I can't see how you'd attach the wire - there's no hole at the end... I did want to get them for this, but I just couldn't see how they would practically work :S

I ended up using Bob's Buckles for the wings and the Gaspatch 'C Type' for the tail feathers..

Hope that helps?

Regards

Guy

Absolutely love it!

Another genre (biplanes) that I keep shying away from, but would really love to have something like that in the display cabinet.

• 3 weeks later...