1/72nd Airfix Hurricane Mk1

I have to say Airfix have had such an amazing turnaround of late - this year alone I have bought the Typhoon, 1/48th PR XIX, Gladiator, Swordfish, Harrier, Javelin and what I personally believe is the best yet - Hurricane Mk1.

IMG_1378_zps5f2807ee.jpg

The level of detail supplied as standard for a 1/72nd model is great as is the fit.

IMG_1382_zpscea40a0b.jpg

Please note the Instrument panel is from an old PE set that I had in the spares box.

IMG_1410_zps17cee5f2.jpg

I added some seat belts and cables (that you will not see when the fuselage is closed up!)

IMG_1416_zpse80de504.jpg

IMG_1417_zps8cb4756f.jpg

IMG_1422_zps764388e5.jpg

More anon.

• Like 2

I love the way you have completed the cockpit.. I just might use this as a good reference for my build.

Hopefully the Canopy is wide enough to slide back over the fuselage to show off your great work.

Cheers .. Dave

Loverly; both the kit (by the looks of things) and the work (as you'd expect!)

I remember bodging the Airfix 1/24 scale as a kid - still have the accompanying Classic Aircraft No.4 book by Gerald Scarborough on my shelf. The model was put out of its misery by an air rifle in the back garden.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments. I have made more progress - well to be exact I have finally taken some shots of the progress from a couple of weeks ago. Lovely kit that goes together very well with only a tiny amount of filler needed.

IMG_16122_zps9c82bbfb.jpg

IMG_16132_zps890872a5.jpg

IMG_16142_zps664152e1.jpg

I am at work this week and then off to NYC for Xmas shopping with the Wife and kids. Then I am off for 2 weeks over Xmas and I plan to finish this one with the Javelin.