This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Shipping limits on Acrylic Paints - Your hobby need you

I too have signed - I understand about the whole liquid explosive thing, but most of the inland mail is 'surface mail' - it never goes near an aircraft!

A couple of examples of Royal Mail lunacy: We sent some perfume to Japan - the guy at the P.O. asked what was in the parcel, and we answered truthfully. He consulted his list of prohibited items, and then took the money, stamped the parcel, and put it in the bag.

Imagine our surprise when the parcel came back, minus the perfume. The sods had apparently 'destroyed' the perfume because it was 'dangerous'. Not a whiff of compensation either, despite it actually being their fault...

Secondly, did you know that you are not allowed to take parcels going abroad to a Sorting Office? And why not? I'll tell you: it's in case it explodes. Nice to know they hold the safety of the Postmasters so highly...

The really daft bit is this: All the mail is collected by the van driver dudes...and taken straight to the local sorting office...

You honestly can't credit some people with being that thick....

I'm never sure these e-prtitions work but I have signed none the less.

Well we got the "Sky at Night" brought back from the brink of extinction. Seems to work well to me.

OK, signed.

But Change.org then 'suggested' the next petition that I should sign, to get all Earth's governments to create an embassy for the extra-terrestrial humans, The Elohim. Some people really do have too much time on their hands, but it does have more signatories than post my paint...

To all governments of the Earth: Support the building of an embassy for extraterrestrial Humans The Elohim

Overview Letter

Targeting:

Started by: Elohim Embassy

It can help humanity immensely by solving the current planetary crisis and preventing the extinction of all life on Earth.

Humanity has made many mistakes in the management of Earth's resources and has used some wonderful technologies to destructive ends. Unfortunately, humanity now has very little chance of surviving without the help of a peaceful and scientifically highly advanced extraterrestrial civilisation known as the Elohim. The Elohim are respectfully offering to help us if they are invited officially to a peaceful Earth.

The Elohim have communicated their wish to come and visit us after we build an official embassy for them, a place that would be theirs alone. This embassy must have neutral air space above it and enjoy extraterritoriality, like any other embassy on our planet.

We believe that if 1 million people sign this petition, it will help Earth's governments understand our wish to build a better world. Those governments, as well as millions of people worldwide, know that peaceful extraterrestrial civilisations exist. Their representatives are appearing here more and more often, and always in a peaceful way.

Whatever peace-loving philosophy, religion or political view you may have, please help us to welcome the Elohim on Earth by signing this petition!

Sign this petition and share it if you support the building of the Embassy for the Extraterrestrial Humans The Elohim, who are 1000s years more advanced than us scientifically and have offered to help us resolve the extremely dangerous planetary challenges threatening the extinction of life on Earth.

Busdriver... You are lucky! I got one about children having cancer at Christmas and how I should phone David Cameron up about it. Sneaky little buggers...

Is the person who wrote that ET Embassy on crack? Sounds like some kinda weird(er) form of Scientology... worth a laugh tho :)

Kind Regards

Dazz

Signed, hope this goes out to as many other modelling and non modelling related forums as possible.

It's not just scale modellers this will affect.

Me thinks that the time will come where we really won't have to use RM any more. How's their share values at the moment?

Mart

I signed with the following comment:

I, like many other foreign customers, purchase goods from English modeling supply companies. A small part of my purchases include acrylic paint products. If I am forced to purchase the paint products from another source due to prohibitive and punative postal regulations and rates, then I will probably end up doing my entire purchases with the different source in another country. What these regulations will do is create a ripple effect where sales of the products that the paints are used on will decrease as these will be bought from the same source that can provide the paints.

Just a bit of something to think about unless Britain has a superb trade surplus and doesn't care about foreign purchases anymore helping spur their economy.

Well said George. Signed.

Billy