Gaspatch 1/48th Salmson A2A

Gisbod

Hi all,

First thread here. I've done a few builds on the ww1aircraftmodels.com forum and I thought I would continue on here as I've got a few non WW1 subjects to build.. However, I'm half way through a Salmson so I thought I may as well post this here as well to kick off..

Picked this up at Telford - usually stick to 1/32 for WW1 but I was very impressed by the kit and had to get it! It's really like a 1/32 kit that's been shrunk..

image.jpg

Going for this USAS colour scheme - I just like the top wing markings..

image-1.jpg

The engine and gun ring - very good in this scale - but very fiddly!

IMG_0413.jpg

Some nice phot etch supplied - decals for individual instruments

IMG_0425.jpg

The fit of parts is exceptional - it really does just fall together..

IMG_0430-1.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

They supply a very clever cardboard jig for the lower wing fitting..

image-5.jpg

Well, that's where I'm up to so far, painting up next . If anyone's debating whether to get the kit - I wouldn't - it's lovely..

Thanks for looking

Guy

Ps

I'll post some completed model threads of my previous efforts shortly

• Like 5

That is very nice indeed,......I saw the stand at Telford and meant to go back later but didn`t manage it,.......can you please remind me how much these kits are because it look wonderful,

Cheers

Tony

That is very nice indeed,......I saw the stand at Telford and meant to go back later but didn`t manage it,.......can you please remind me how much these kits are because it look wonderful,

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony,

39.50 Euros on their website..

Stone me that looks lovely! Is it their first kit?

Hi Graham,

Yep, it's their debut kit - and it's flawless so far - a little tricky due the small parts but that's just because it's beautifully in scale.. And I have clumsy fingers!

Guy

Morning,

Finally got the camo on! I've done my best to estimate the colours - don't know if they're completely right, but I really enjoyed
this bit :)

Next stage is gloss coat then decals, but I've ordered some 'Miracle Masks' for the roundels & numbers - nothing wrong with the decals - I just wanted to have a go with the masks - maybe to give them a little shading etc - but it may be a couple of weeks before they're here which will stall the build a bit I guess ???

c345bfd8-c4bd-442e-afe1-97c116d27cf2.jpg

Just given a nod to rib shading under wing..

image-1-1.jpg

Cheers

Guy

Edited by Gisbod
  • Like 2

Thanks for the comments all, much appreciated ;)

A couple of updates as the decals go on..

The decals are very nice indeed - I masked and sprayed the wing stripes, but tbh, I wish I'd used the kit decals now - I think they would have been better..

image-8.jpg

image-7.jpg

Thanks,

Guy

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Very nice work so far! :goodjob:

I got this kit also last November but didn't started yet. It's nice to see the results and really the kit quality looks fantastic.

Well done from a new supplier, expecting to see more qualified kits from GasPatch Models in the future.