Formula 1 / Moto GP Group Build

D1fuN0

Morning Chaps

WE NEED YOU!!!

If you aren't by now aware, there is a huge battle going on over in the Group Build section.

Yes, We have dared to take on the Wingy Thing builders and are trying REALLY hard to get our F1/Moto GP GB enough votes so that it will be accepted as one of the GB's for next year.

If you've never participated in a GB before, nows the time and this ones for you. It is essentially, very simple.

You can build either an F1 car, or a Moto GP bike, ooooor, if you are feeling brave enough, both! Pick a kit, take lots of photos during the build and you have four months to complete it.

(if you have any questions regarding the GB, please feel free to drop me a line)

Now, lets not hear any of this crap about, 'but I cant build like these guys', 'everyone will laugh at me', because that's just crap. We don't care if they are the wrong colour, covered in glue and the decals are on upside down. Its the participation that counts and we have enough well seasoned modellers on board already, to assist you with every step of your build.

So we need your vote! If we get through its probably still a good couple of months away so there's plenty of time to prepare...

Pop on over to the Group Build section and have a look at a thread called 2014 Group Build Vote, and vote for us...

Ta

Steve & the chaps

Hi Steve. I can't see the connection between Moto GP and Ef1. The former is where guys jump on bikes and hurtle around curciuts with great skill at rediculous speeds, whereas the other is a presession of overly engineered dodgem cars with far more electro gysmology than is really neccessary. Moto GP bikes are nicley branded whereas the other things are garish to say the least. I just don't see a connection. Let the bike guys go ahead witha Moto GP GB and leave the others in our dust.

JMTPW.

Colin

Heloman is quite right, there is no connection between the two.

However, couple months back we decided that instead of trying to push two separate GB's through, we would combine then and go through as a joint operation.

Gives a chance for the go karts guys to build their things, and the scooter guys to do theirs all in one pretty package.

Steve

Just catching up with what's been going on and Steve is right when he says that the two original Group Build ideas were combined into one. Regardless of your personal choice of race transport, we need your votes to get this onto next year's calendar! Please!! Pretty please?! OK, on my knees now!! I'm begging you!!

And to satisfy those who do have a two or four wheeled preference, maybe, if this GB gets the go ahead, then we could have voting of the winning models along the lines of Best in GB, then Best Bike and Best Car. How does that sound Steve?

To tempt you all in to this GB, I am going to put up a massive prize for the winner of best in GB. I'm off to the stash now to check what I can offer.

VOTE!!!

WOW! Now that's a fantastically cool idea, and a exceedingly generous gesture from Busdriver. Top Chap! :thumbsup:

I like the Idea of the vote at the end, Best of the GB, Best Car and Best Bike.

Oh hell, we cant just stop there.... I'll offer up a prize too, for the Best Bike category...

Steve

Well done to the both of you, bloody magic. I've just had a look at the vote, we don't seem to be doing too well in the percentage count.

Maybe we should count the votes on proportional representation, less car/bike modellers than aircraft modellers equals more votes for us?

Colin

Edited by heloman1

(Sorry if this has already been discussed I have been away for a little bit)

As an aside do you think there would be much scope for getting a dedicated "Buddy Build" section in the vehicle section (and AFV and Maritime if they wanted) maybe just run one to see how it goes and how many take up the build and run for 4 months, allowing for three car/bike themed builds every year. With Mish's permission and the other mods we could oversee it ourselves and if it doesn't amount to anything scrap it and go back to trying to get into the main GB section. I have little car or bike knowledge but love building the kits so am happy to moderate if needed as and when. I appreciate that this does take us away from a centralised group build section but it would allow the minority to join in with the GB spirit so to speak.

What do you think?

Graham

P.S was really looking forward to building a Mclaren inthe F1 build

P.P.S we may be in the minority but the company is great (as are most of the models)

Edited by Graham77

(Sorry if this has already been discussed I have been away for a little bit)

As an aside do you think there would be much scope for getting a dedicated "Buddy Build" section in the vehicle section (and AFV and Maritime if they wanted) maybe just run one to see how it goes and how many take up the build and run for 4 months, allowing for three car/bike themed builds every year. With Mish's permission and the other mods we could oversee it ourselves and if it doesn't amount to anything scrap it and go back to trying to get into the main GB section. I have little car or bike knowledge but love building the kits so am happy to moderate if needed as and when. I appreciate that this does take us away from a centralised group build section but it would allow the minority to join in with the GB spirit so to speak.

What do you think?

Graham

P.S was really looking forward to building a Mclaren inthe F1 build

P.P.S we may be in the minority but the company is great (as are most of the models)

That's a good idea Graham and I think its an avenue we should be looking into.

The biggest thing with the Buddy Builds is getting the support and keeping them going.

If all else fails, we could turn both the Achtung Panzer GB and F1/Moto GP GB proposal into Buddy Builds and run them as such, but we would have to keep on the right side of the Mods and make sure that we don't step on peoples toes.

What I suggest is, lets wait until the GB's are finalized in December, and if we aren't successful, lets open up a forum, include the Mods, and we can then put our heads together and come up with a plan.

What do you guys think?

Steve