Italeri 1/72 B-25H Mitchell "Gunship"

In a mad fit of ancient-kit-zealotry I've decided that what I really need is another build.....I've settled on this:

Piccy Be Gone

I will be building strictly OOTB (correcting this one is beyond me), but I will probably be fiddling around with the aircrew a bit.....It will be modelled in flight on a stand. :pilot:

Wish me luck.....I'm going in! :giles::mg:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead
  • Like 1

Cheers fella.....I'll do my best! :)

Like all things in this modelling game, OOTB is relative:

Piccy Be Gone

"Are you telling me we are lost son?" :rolleyes:

I've made a couple of neccessary canges, stuff that might be visible through the canopy, like the pilot's head armour & co-pilot/navigator's sling seat. ..... The pilot still needs some arms to hold the (single) control column and they both need a headset and some more fettling before I break out the paint.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead
  • Like 2

...I will probably be fiddling around with the aircrew a bit.....

Careful, this is a family show! :P

Nice choice and great progress on the crew. Another one that goes well with the Big Gun theme reoccuring through this GB :thumbsup:

Cheers dude, but you ain't seen what sort of mess I can inflict on a canopy yet! :shutup:

Wondering if I should add a black box thingy or two on the upper part of the cockpit walls? :hmmm:

Gonna try to get the tail-gunner sorted out tonight, probably use an Airfix standard issue 'Crotch-Fondler' for him.....I'd imagine it's probably fairly cold & drafty back there, even in Burma. :cold:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

I've got the crew figures posed pretty much how I want them now:

Piccy Be Gone

A fair amount of sculpting will be needed to restore the pilot to human proportions.....He looks like a pin-headed gorilla at the moment. :analintruder:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

It's much easier to carve it off than add it on! :winkgrin:

Hopefully when you see him next he'll look a bit more human.....Can't do anything with him at the moment, I've used so much liquid poly & slurry, he's semi molten from the shoulders down. :analintruder:

Now.....About that tail-gunner! :fight:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead
  • Like 2

It's much easier to carve it off than add it on! :winkgrin:

Hopefully when you see him next he'll look a bit more human.....Can't do anything with him at the moment, I've used so much liquid poly & slurry, he's semi molten from the shoulders down. :analintruder:

Now.....About that tail-gunner! :fight:

i have a couple of parts in the same state. Looks like the plastic is finally winning though. A good start and, as you say, OOB is a relative term... :ninja:

Does anybody have any idea what the front section of the tail gunner's compartment looked like, specifically what is behind the gunner's back and head.....Here's the best pictures I can find:

h-tail02.jpg

h-tail01.jpg

I'm guessing there's some armour plate behind his head in the forward part of the fairing, I think I can see a structure in there, but I'm really not sure what I'm looking at.....Any help much appreciated? :shrug:

It seems like I've transferred all the 'faffing' from the Sherman build straight into this one, but I just can't leave that compartment empty.....It's just a hole OOTB! :shutup:

Same goes with the waist gunner's compartment.....I reckon I'm going to have to do a gun crew, just to hide the total absence of anything else! :rolleyes:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

The cockpit is painted, but still needs a wash and a flat-cote (and the aircrew of course):

Piccy Be Gone

It's a bit rough and only vaguely accurate, but with the pilot and co-pilot in place, hopefully it should look busy enough through the rather thick canopy. :pray:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 3 weeks later...

This build is a bust for the deadline obviously.....First time I've built anything bigger than a fighter in a long while and the series of gaping holes that constitute the interior of this kit rather threw me. :analintruder:

Filling them with aircrew and even rudimentary detail is taking longer than I expected.....I will finish this one off, but it's going to take a while. :blush: