Citroen C4 WRC 2010

I finished this recently and i am very happy how it turned out

20131118_143740_zps7a9829dd.jpg

all the red parts of the car are heller decals which work amazingly with micro sol the blue is tamiya ts51

20131118_143756_zps741a92c8.jpg

this is the first time i have ever made a rally car so i wanted it to look as rally as possible, again i have never attempted any sort or dirt/mud effect

20131118_143905_zps90f09f5b.jpg

ive noticed in the pic that the racing decal on the rear wing looks weird, looking at it with just eyes it doesnt look any where near as bad, im guessing its the focus or light setting on my camera

20131118_143909_zps114eb18c.jpg

when i started this the intakes were all moulded plastic so i cut the out and put a mesh fabric i picked up from hobby craft instead

20131118_143852_zps6d876621.jpg

also i didnt like the thickness of the antenas so used some metal wire i had laying around

20131118_143838_zps1ee6293b.jpg

any way thanks for looking and all comment welcome

• Like 1

The mud effect is actually done by using a rotary tool with a kind of sponge end on it dipped in thinned paint then before I glued the bidy on to the car putting the sponge vin the wheel arches and a quick blast then done

• 1 month later...

Great looking model .Tarmac rally cars often get very muddy due to constant corner cutting dragging mud onto the road . The later Heller Citroen DS3 kits no longer feature Red Bull decals , but a red " bubble" where the Red Bull word should appear . Did anyone know Red Bull is banned from sale in France ?

Great looking model .Tarmac rally cars often get very muddy due to constant corner cutting dragging mud onto the road . The later Heller Citroen DS3 kits no longer feature Red Bull decals , but a red " bubble" where the Red Bull word should appear . Did anyone know Red Bull is banned from sale in France ?

Hi Windy37

I am doing the Heller Citroen DS3 at the moment.

The kit decals do have the correct Red Bull logos as per the real car, but they come in bits & pieces and have to be aligned. A bit like swasticas on WWII aircraft kits. Even the letters that make the Red Bull name do not appear in sequence.

All the other decals are in one piece, Citroen, Total etc

Yet another licencing issue between kits and big corporations perhaps ?

If I can work out how to post pics I will put some up of my build.

It is always good to see more WRC cars on this site.

regards

Ian

• 4 weeks later...