Valentine Mk III, New Zealand 3rd Division, Operation Squarepeg

russ c

Hi Everyone, Just finished one of my rare forays into AFV Modelling, my take on, a Mk III Valentine as used by the New Zealand Army in the Solomon Islands during `Operation Squarepeg`

SAM_6685_zpsacfd9010.jpg

Built from the MiniArt 1/35 kit that I purchased following my enquiries on the WWII forum last April

SAM_6679_zps5b94efbc.jpg

Nothing added to the kit on my part but quite a few left off as this is not one of the options in the box

SAM_6681_zps2a167a91.jpg

and the markings are a mixture of the kit ones, some from the stash and a bit of hand painting ( hope I don`t offend anyone with my dodgy Kiwi ! )

SAM_6676_zps98e557ad.jpg

I cut the mud guards back to match the few pic`s I could find and found a new sort of modelling torture in gluing the individual track links together

SAM_6682_zps42f0d26b.jpg

Not 100% accurate but as close as I could get, Hope you enjoy looking at.....

Thanks to Sgt Squarehead, Panzer Vor, Andrew Jones, Spitfire, Sea Hawk, Graham Boak, Troy Smith and Malcolm Shaw for their responses to my original enquiry.

• Like 4

Lovely job, looks the part!

Pete

• Like 1

For sure, Pacific armour and non-US at that, this is very new to me and nice to see.

I think you did a good job too, and nice touch with the markings.

May I ask what would of been the original colour for the vehicle, the dark green or those spots of brighter green?

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

For sure, Pacific armour and non-US at that, this is very new to me and nice to see.

I think you did a good job too, and nice touch with the markings.

May I ask what would of been the original colour for the vehicle, the dark green or those spots of brighter green?

regards,

Jack

Cheers Jack; The colours are described as; Khaki Green body with Dark Green upper surfaces with Lime Green splotches, so I would imagine Khaki Green was the original colour but I`m not really sure.

Like it :speak_cool: .

Good to see some pacific stuff by other countries that took part.

The green spots were painted by the crew, they usely mudded up the div signs, but for a model its nice to see the markings. :thumbsup:

Cheers foxy :coolio:

• Like 1

Spot on.....Outstanding model Russ! :thumbsup:

Was quietly hoping you'd pick this one or a Burma Lee and I'm dead impressed with the result. The camo scheme actually makes more sense on your model than it does on some of the profiles I've seen.....It gives a fairly convincing 'dappled-light' effect doesn't it? :coolio:

Reckon you should do more AFVs mate.....Allegedly there's a GB you could join? :wicked::whistle:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead
  • Like 1