Aftermarket decals for LaGG-3 in 1/72

atvd1020

I've started modeling again after changing jobs and moving to Denmark (hi there Copenhagen modelers!) and am working on the Dakoplast/Eastern Express LaGG-3 series 66 at the moment. Since I'm a bit unsure of how the decals work, what aftermarket decal options for this aircraft exist besides the (now-unavailable) Authentic Decals sheet?

There's an old Microscale sheet, 72-381, that includes a LaGG-3, an AML sheet 7225 that has three, Kora do a sheet that includes a Japanese example, KORD72192, plus a new sheet, KORD72206 that features Finnish decals and resin parts.

if your Dakoplast kit has decals from Anna & Co. then these are perfectly usable.

the skilled people who did these decals are now running a company called Begemot.

Unfortunately the decal sheet has no manufacturer's information :( The other aftermarket sets available don't have anything for the series 66 either.

Sorry, if it is not clearly labeled "Anna & Co." then it could be anything at all.

and I could understand your hesitation in using it.

the only other decals in 1/72 for a Tbilisi Oblegchenniy (Series 60-70) come from the Toko or Roden kits.

I think I have one in the stash and could part with the decals if you want.

Hi,

Authentic Decals produced decals for Lagg-3 (72-26) including some for type 66.

(snip)

You can buy these decals here:

http://obchod.valka.cz/product_info.php?cPath=398_431027_431028&products_id=1063601&product_name=172-Lavochkin-LaGG-3

Unfortunately they don't seem to be in stock any more-at least, according to the inventory they have on their website. But now I'm looking at the other distributors from the Olimp website-who knows, maybe I will get lucky.

the only other decals in 1/72 for a Tbilisi Oblegchenniy (Series 60-70) come from the Toko or Roden kits.

I think I have one in the stash and could part with the decals if you want.

Thanks a lot for the offer! I will get back to you after testing the kit decals on something else :)