computer digital camo software

siamese

Greetings all. I know there got to be a lot of you here that have more computer experience than I do. What I want to do is have a go at a What if Scheme on a aircraft and want to do it in a digital camo scheme like what is found on the F-18C of the Marines. I don't think it is wearing that grey scheme anymore could be wrong but I like the paint scheme. I did find some pictures on airliner's.net of it.

My question is on computer software for windows. I have some really old Adobe programs. I have Illustrator 9.0 and Photoshop 6.0 Can these work or do what I want or does a person have to have a plugin or a newer version to do what I want to do? Is there something out there just for doing digital camo?

I would like to design it on the computer so I can either make it bigger or smaller and make adjustments so it looks right on a 1/32 scale aircraft. Thanks for any input.

Dan

• 5 years later...

Hey siamese

Being a retired CADD Design Engineer. I think you are going to need something like Corel draw. It's a vecter based software specifically for creating scalable drawings, but it ain't cheap probaly around $500 - $600 dollars US.

Ron G