Airfix 1/72 BF 110C-4

Val

Hiya, this is my take on the Airfix 1/72 Messerschmitt BF 110. This is about my 5th model completed since my return, but the first one I'm really happy with. The kit is great in terms of fit, and she looks like a 110, but it lacks detail in places, and the panel lines are too deep, but that has been discussed to death!!! I had a number of problems of my own doing, hence I've had to replace all the guns on the kit. I would also say the decals performed brilliantly for me, I understand others have been less fortunate.

Paints: Vallejo for all main colours, preshading and weathering in Tamiya

Weathering: Flory's dark dirt, Tamiya smoke, Flory pigments on the engines

PS I'm a rubbish photographer!!

DSCF7693_zpsca2ba1a0.jpg

DSCF7694_zpscedc92a5.jpg

DSCF7695_zpsb051ab4e.jpg

DSCF7697_zps7300cb57.jpg

DSCF7696_zps2dcd22f7.jpg

DSCF7698_zps28dafd30.jpg

DSCF7699_zps3729fe36.jpg

null_zps8b031035.jpg

Please let me know what you think, I'm here to learn :)

Cheers,

Val

• Like 14

Thanks everyone for those kind words, I really enjoyed the build on the whole - it's a great little kit. Having said that, by the time I'd added on the cost of the brass guns on the front, and the resin one in the rear of the canopy, it probably wouldn't be much cheaper than the Eduard kit. However, this was really an experiment with the white wash, so I'm delighted with how she's come out.

Hi I really like your work.I have this me as well but from eduard.I am planning to start build When I finish my current project.Do you have pictures of interior??

Hi, yes I do mate, but only one picture.

null_zps160e4235.jpg

To be honest, I didn't dwell too long on the interior as it wasn't detailed enough to worry about, and I figured you wouldn't see much detail through the thick canopy plastic. Having said that, you can see more through the canopy than I thought would be possible. Basically, all I did was paint it grey, lightened it places, and stuck some tamiya tape seatbelts (which don't follow reality, just to make it a bit more interesting in there). I also put some muddy marks in there with pigments, but you can't really see this.

Thanks again :)

• Like 1

very neat work, like that a lot - how did you do the whitewash ?

Thanks mate :)

I've explained how I do it on the build thread, which can be found here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234937438-172-airfix-messerschmitt-bf110-oob-except-for-a-gun/page-3

it's about the 4th post down which I make. It's really straight forward (or I got lucky :) ) so I'd definitely give it a go.

This webpage: http://modelarmour.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1524:hairspray-whitewash&catid=35:build-features&Itemid=59 is also all about white wash, and what I followed when I did mine, but I stopped after I'd rubbed the paint off (after the 5th or 6th picture on the page), and didn't paint any additional white on with a brush.

Many thanks,

Val

Damn that is a cracking build. Beautiful paint too. I built the same bumble bee beast but from a Matchbox kit in the 70's!

Yours is well.......slightly better than mine LOL!

Beautiful kit....GREAT paint....seriously....great paint.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Val,

SUPERB finish..

Your painting et al is most IMPRESSIVE..

LIKE IT A LOT !!

Refreshing to see such a BEAUTIFUL BF 110. Nice change from the usual aircrafts on here...

I do love these.

Thank you for sharing...

:clap:

:thumbsup:

:yahoo:

:worthy:

:wub:

:heart:

• Like 1