Matchbox Harrier GR3

Thank's that's brilliant to know people like what I am doing. I would be curious to learn what it is that is different that you like about mine.

Cheers Rob ;)

You just posted photos of the build in your car!!! Is that's not a bit different? What is different is the sense that you are just

being yourself in your posts, and therefore there is a sense of who you are, and not someone just sticking words and photos

on a screen.

Sean

Not quite...

The original jet painted in these colours was XV738/B. I painted it with a hairy stick one night shift. I got the port side lightning flash a little bit wrong. The forward part is slightly curved instead of straight.

No masking tape in the RAF?

• Like 1

No masking tape in the RAF?

Ah............ so that's why soft edge camo was so popular...

You just posted photos of the build in your car!!! Is that's not a bit different? What is different is the sense that you are just

being yourself in your posts, and therefore there is a sense of who you are, and not someone just sticking words and photos

on a screen.

Sean

Oh right, Cool well I do just try and be me and as I am often in the public eye either as a Musician, Music teacher, or on my Youtube channel making videos and often (reviewing Transformers toy's.....YES LOL) I try not to take myself or anything too seriously, Life is short. I decided a long time ago to not hide behind a conformist veil of shame and just be "me".

I am into everything that society /THE MEDIA.... brands as "sad", "Left of field", "Fringe", "niche", "excentric", etc... Through deciding what I love is cool I get to meet lots of cool people. Its certainly made life a lot better.

I love ,Music, Guitar playing, Writing my own music, Making Youtube videos, Railways, Aircraft,, Modeling of both these and anything else, Star Trek (love those ships). Transformers, Space and astronomy, History, Life in general its all good whats not to like !

I just love the social element of being on here and all ages and abilities sharing in their love and passion for models and certain subjects. So I try to just add a personal touch as I feel It might make it a more interesting read for some. (or not waffle waffle waffle :blah: )

I am glad you enjoy it. Its always nice to get feedback and great when that is because people are enjoying it.

As for the photos in the car.. Yep I was determined I was gonna get the Harrier through into the final shots. On my knee in the car under the nice blue light I loved the lighting and decided it would do me.

They were taken at Merry Hill on the Car park late last night before watching the new Hobbit film, which is STUNNING BTW.

Cheers For the kind comments I am currently working on my dads Hobbyboss Spitfire now over in the WIP section.

Cheers Rob ;)

Have you taken to modelling in your car now?

David

It was a case of necessity it was the best place I could get photos and I loved the lighting effect on the harrier from the blue LED, Its given it a moonlight look which fits with the model being extremely close to the deadline of the build ending at midnight.

I have actually modeled in the car before... Once. mainly because I needed to get a varnish on a model and everyone was moaning about the smell so I drove out to a nice countryside area and sprayed it in the wild............. LOL.

Now That is crazy I would have laughed so hard If I seen a photo of that captions at the bottom would be interesting wouldn't they ,,,,!

:shrug:

cheers Rob

• Like 1

Turned out nice Rob and I always enjoy your flying pics :)

Cliff

Cheers Cliff there are 2 better flying pics in the RFI section.

The flying pics I love to do. Just another nice addition to this hobby that has so much to offer. I really admire your Sopwith camel I showed the mrs she loves it. It must have taken you hours to mask all that pattern out.. Hats off to you Cliff.

• Like 1