i was just wondering if by pushing the rules to the limit i could have done the old airfix x-wing fighter, after all they did build some here when they were filming star wars. any chance in advance for next time?

Sorry, afraid not. No Sci-Fi, what if or tv/film related unless it falls within the original rules at the top of page 1.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So this may have already been covered, but I want to make sure.

In the GB rules, it is stated that it must be British designed/built, so that means something that was of foreign design and was heavy modified by the British (such as a Sherman firefly with the 17 pounded) would NOT qualify, correct?

In the GB rules, it is stated that it must be British designed/built, so that means something that was of foreign design and was heavy modified by the British (such as a Sherman firefly with the 17 pounded) would NOT qualify, correct?

It would not qualify, that is correct. Has to be made rather than modified in Britain :)

• Like 1

Col. beat me to the punch tonight, all Shermans are out I'm afraid as the base vehicles are US made.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there going to be a vote on the best builds at the end?

I am intending to set up a poll but due to the number of entries we will have to split it into sections.

The end is coming up fast! Hope everyone is getting time to add finishing touches. There's been a fantastic variety of models produced for this GB and it's been a pleasure to watch them all take shape.

• Like 3

Well..............I have just been going through all the builds posted in the Gallery so far and, I have to say, I have absolutely no idea how I am going to pick just one to vote for. I think I have about 20+ that I could happily chose!!! There is such a variety of interesting, beautifully made models! .....and I know there will be more fantastic models in there before the end of the GB!

Good luck to anyone still to get something finished!

• Like 3

Ho hum, another one I'm going to miss - that bloody Gnat is playing up and the Sea Vixen has stalled, possibly into a flat spin.

Oh well.

(Actually, it's the paint on the Gnat that's the issue - Humbrol 11 as it currently stands is complete <insert non-PC word for excrement here>. It just won't gloss up, and looks like roof paint, it's that coarsely grained.) At this rate, I'm thinking I might withdraw from every GB I've put my hand up for, don't need the downers.

However, many thanks to the mods for putting in the effort - much appreciated.

• Like 1

Ho hum, another one I'm going to miss - that bloody Gnat is playing up and the Sea Vixen has stalled, possibly into a flat spin.

Oh well.

(Actually, it's the paint on the Gnat that's the issue - Humbrol 11 as it currently stands is complete <insert non-PC word for excrement here>. It just won't gloss up, and looks like roof paint, it's that coarsely grained.) At this rate, I'm thinking I might withdraw from every GB I've put my hand up for, don't need the downers.

However, many thanks to the mods for putting in the effort - much appreciated.

As another fail to finisher in this GB I share your pain. I've just received my Sovereign Hobby order and my first trial suggests a real result. My Sea Meteor Humbrol 11 still hasn't hardened after several weeks and I'm on attempt 3 to get an undamaged Falcon canopy to replace the undersized kit item.

Well done to everybody who has kept going there are some great builds on here, my Meteor will finished but not before the deadline, I am hopeful of finishing it before the first anniversary though!!!!

• Like 2

Just got that McLaren done - uploading photos as I type (some of the touch-up is still wet, but hopefully won't be obvious from the pics!)

• Like 1

Thats me done and in the gallery with both projects. Thanks as ever to the team (Col, Shermaniac and Mish) that makes these builds a reality and all the help and advice.

My modelling now revolves around these group builds!

Thoroughly enjoyable group build, with some great, diverse subjects, with much skill on show! Onwards to the Hunter STGB and the 80's NATO v Warsaw Pact builds!

:winkgrin:

• Like 3

Falklands Harrier RAF style in the gallery!

phuhh!! a small race against time it was!

thanks everybody for the great GB and input you provided!

as Tim perfectly sums it up: GBs are that great here that I hardly do anything else at the moment!

so Blackhawk in the Heli GB and then/ simultaneously on to the Hunter STGB.. and maybe...

cheers, Werner

• Like 2

What a great GB this has been. Thanks to everyone for keeping me entertained over the last 4 months and to Shermaniac and Col for being brilliant Hosts (as always!).

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 4