Col.

Now Mish has put up a poll for us all to vote for the 2014 GBs the time has come to think of out options for 2015 :lol: Following on from a joke comment on the What-if III GB thread (I'm blaming you Rob ;) ) a few of us started thinking about a GB for all those nuclear capable systems there has been over the years. Enzo and I had a quick chat and are proposing that any weapons system in 'nuclear trim' be eligable so all those ships, subs, ICBMs, aircraft, AFVs, etc. dressed for the ultimate battle are included.

What do you think gang?

Edited by Col.
  • Like 2

Sounds great I am in. 2015 you say.. great lets do it. Can we add Whiff nuclear to the bill too. as there are many interesting designs that never got made such as the Vulcan B3, Super sonic Victor too that I know General Melchett needs a reason to build !

• Like 1

I'm blaming you Rob ;)

Indeed! It's all your fault, Rob! :-D

Back in the early 80s, I was in the RAF. I was based at RAF Honington and was a member of the modelling club.

I built a Messerschmitt Bf109K from the Heller kit but I used a colour scheme from an edition of Scale Models magazine. The aircraft was in a very late war scheme and had a crudely painted number on the rear fuselage. I put in a lot of effort to replicate that number. I was very pleased with the result and displayed it at the next meeting of the modelling club.

The OIC of the club, a rather crusty Squadron Leader, took me to one side and explained how my effort wasn't quite of the standard that was acceptable in our club. Surely I could have found some decent decals rather than my "pathetic" attempt at hand painting?

At that same meeting, he made a pronouncement. The strike fit for the Tornado had been finalised and was Top Secret. He pointed out that if any of us every built a model Tornado in strike fit, he would personally see to it that we would get a stripy suntan. He seemed blissfully unaware that the majority of us were unaware what the strike fit was and actually didn't Need To Know. :lol:

So... as a somewhat ironic salute to that crusty old Squadron Leader, I'd like to build a IX Sqn Tornado in strike fit.

Oh... and can I co-host the GB, pleeeeze? :D

• Like 3

So you've all got Enzo, Rob, and myself as hosts. What more can you want! :lol:

Whifs are allowed so long as they were actual proposals rather figments of our overactive imaginations.

Bit late in the evening to start lists as it's now almost 01:00hrs here but perhaps a job for tomorrow giving a run-down of eligable types.

• Like 1

Just seen the title of this GB and wondered who did a 1/72nd or 1/48th 2.4 kids to go with the adults?

Hang on! I've just read what this is all about! Count me in, I might get around to doing that Blue Steel armed Vulcan that way!

Wez

• Like 3

Looks like its my face on the dartboard ... Come on its col who named it...and every one like a good nukclear bomber.

I guess it was the suggestion of an Arrow, TSR-2, F1-11, Vigilantee, In a row all painted In Anti-Flash White that did it.

Add to that a buccaneer Mirage IV, V-bombers, Avro 730, Tornado perhaps, or anything in flash white and I guess you have a nuclear family.

Come to think of it a nice big Rockwell B1 would look good in Anti-flash white too.

• Like 1

Having had so much 'fun' with special loads at RAF El Adem-with-grass (Marham) how could I refuse to partake!

Please count me in with something..... Just a Buccaneer in the stash so, I might have to go and feed the stash monster, (down girl, down :whip: ), and find a Tornado, or something else...

Christian the Married and exiled to africa far, far away from most things with buckets full of sunshine

• Like 2