ME-110 STGB

Is there a list of attendees? Have I signed up for this one?

Well there is one now, and yes you just did! Regards, V-P

1. Smuts (Host)
  2. Turnerdad
  3. Mish
  4. Arniec
  5. Enzo Matrix
  6. vppelt68 (co-host)
  7. AndyC
  8. Stoohoo
  9. Chaddy
  10. usetherudders
  11. dazdot
  12. Dazzio
  13. theplasticsurgeon
  14. kwaterous
  15. trickyrich
  16. bobster
  17. swat11
  18. Atom.uk
  19. JohnT
  20. Natter
  21. galgos
  22. snapper_city
  23. Ed Russell
  24. Crossy
  25. hgbn
  26. Alan Kelley
  27. Stew Dapple
  28. Ettore
  29. Blastvader
  30. pabbi
  31. oggy4624
  32. depressed lemur
  • Like 1

Hi Guys,

I have to retreat myself from this GB. I don't like it but I have to.

My modelling is going for second place in the last months of this year. I have bought a house and that will take up a lot of time.

I will look from time to time.

Cheers,

Never been involved in a group build, how does one get on board? I haven't ever made a German aircraft before, but some images of a captured machine (Bf 110C-4 AX772) caught my eye. I should have plenty of spare decals and I just managed to score myself the Airfix Bf110E/E-2 Trop for A$7! I gather that boxing has all the bits to make a C-4.

I believe there was a period when they changed from RLM 65/70/71 via 65/02/71 to 74/75/76 (and 02/74/75/76!) so yes, that sounds plausible if you´re building a mid-war C/D. Which kit do you have, which unit, where and when does it represent?

Regards, V-P

I believe there was a period when they changed from RLM 65/70/71 via 65/02/71 to 74/75/76 (and 02/74/75/76!) so yes, that sounds plausible if you´re building a mid-war C/D. Which kit do you have, which unit, where and when does it represent?

Regards, V-P

Hi V-P, It is the 110D-3 Wing Tech kit (with extra resin). the schemes are 6./ZG76 in Greece during 1941. and a machine marked in Iraq markings with the German markings painted over (in RLM02 or RLM65)

Also, there are no swastikas for the tails on either marking, so I will probably have to do some digging for these. I am not an experten with regards German machines, but I do want this to look right in the end.

i''m getting a bit confused??? :confused:

does this one start on the 1st of November???

plus have decided to build the Eduard ProfiPACK Bf0110G-4 Nightfighter, am thinking about going for the NJG 4 aircraft of Heinz Wolfgang Schnaufer using the Peddinghaus decal set, plus maybe a few extras thrown in! :hmmm:

• Like 1

Rich, If I am not mistaken then there is no correct set for the Fug 218 radar in the kit.

Or you are going to use the set from the Horten Nightfighter?!

Cheers,

i''m getting a bit confused??? :confused:

does this one start on the 1st of November???

plus have decided to build the Eduard ProfiPACK Bf0110G-4 Nightfighter, am thinking about going for the NJG 4 aircraft of Heinz Wolfgang Schnaufer using the Peddinghaus decal set, plus maybe a few extras thrown in! :hmmm:

Yes this GB does start in a couple of weeks

Rich, If I am not mistaken then there is no correct set for the Fug 218 radar in the kit.

Or you are going to use the set from the Horten Nightfighter?!

Cheers,

You know that was the one thing I didn't pay any attention to, the antenne setup!! Hmmm now I have to think about it a bit more, I have a Model Master set of the FuG220 which I was going to use to replace the kits PE set. The FuG218 set in the Dragon kit are ok but again being PE they're a bit flat. Don't have the decals yet, so may re-think my scheme.......I'll have to have a thibnk about this one

Yes this GB does start in a couple of weeks

thanks for that, I almost missed the start!

Pauke, pauke!

DSCN2406_zpsb956b23b.jpg

EDIT: I tried half a dozen times to edit and upload the picture but couldn´t make it work. Then I checked the Forum FAQ and found out the reason was IE11, so it´s Firefox for me from now on... Happy to make it in the end, finally :-) V-P

Edited by vppelt68

As another late entry can i enter with an 1/48 Eduard C-4 as M8+AC that crashed through the garden of Little Butts farm , sussex on 4th Sept 1940. hope to do this one as a crash diorhama

index.jpg

Alistair

Edited by Mottlemaster
  • Like 1

Ehhhmmm I have been looking at the STGB planning and I am missing this one.

This one starts on Saturday the 1st on November if I am not mistaken.

Maybee this one hase been missed?!

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Ehhhmmm I have been looking at the STGB planning and I am missing this one.

This one starts on Saturday the 1st on November if I am not mistaken.

Maybee this one hase been missed?!

Cheers,

I had the same problem when I looked at the STGB list....it's missing.

But I'm assured that it starts on the 1st Saturday, but I thought these normally start on a Sunday???

Anyway I noticed that a lot of members will be building an Eduard version of some type and I wonder if they've noticed what I have just! While looking at the instructions.....yeah I know, who follows those...anyway..... The interior of my build is listed as being painted RLM02 which is a bit odd as all later Luftwaffe aircraft interiors should be RLM66! My build is a G4 nightfigher so it should be RLM66 not the RLM02 as listed.

I wonder if they, Eduard got a bit lazy with the instruction sheets for the later series aircraft and just "cut n pasted" a lot of the details.

Generally Bf-110B thru E - RLM02 and Bf110F thru G - RLM66