Trumpeter's 1/200 scale USS Missouri...Or...WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!? (PONTOS! Trumpeter aftermarket, pics added!)

Got something to post real soon!

The thing is, SWMBO and the kids are eating up my time here but pics taken and PS'ed.....Just need time to put it up on photo bucket and then here....Ohh, some mistakes made, and also a couple of things that almost made me want to throw stuff up against the wall! Ponto's instructions and sometimes cutting corners BITES to say the least!

Ohh, check Rick's concurrent builds also.......I'm taking his experiences into my own build also. It's a good comparison!

• Like 1

Hello, administrator......Something seriously wrong with the site!

Paste will not work....Both right mouse button or "CTRL V" will not work and the image button is broken. I can paste the HTML link into the slot but the "OK" button does not work....Something broke during the new year holidays? Hello? Can't post pictures worth a damn here!

Hello, administrator......Something seriously wrong with the site!

Paste will not work....Both right mouse button or "CTRL V" will not work and the image button is broken. I can paste the HTML link into the slot but the "OK" button does not work....Something broke during the new year holidays? Hello? Can't post pictures worth a damn here!

confirm that, Stryder....can't use the CTRL V or even the "Quote" button in the lower right hand corner of the screen....I am forwarding this to tech support...

looking forward to seeing your work. I am assembling lots of subassemblies (guns, reels, catapults) of BB-63, using a mix of Pontos and Trumpeter PE....having fun cutting the styrene off of very small parts in order to glue on PE...but it's a slow slog, and taking lots of time.

Rick

Ohh well!

Guess till they fix the issue, I'll keep on slogging away at it. Yeah, a lot of small parts that goes just about everywhere, especially when you add in that pontos set! Plugging away at the 2 turret. This Sat. will head to my local IPMS meeting...I'm hoping to get turret 2 finished then and then get started on turret 3 before getting started on those pesky dual 5 inch turrets!...I might not even try to get those hand holds on there though!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I had issues with pasting and quoting when IE updated my system. The good folks here suggested uninstalling the update, which I did and all is now well. Other good folks also suggested using Firefox or Chrome, but that was beyond my skillset with computers!

Hope you both get this sorted, as BOTH threads are great! Fab work both of you.

All the best, Ray

There is no excuse for it not to be.

Gosh, I never realised model manufacturers now had to provide excuses for missing detail. Is it scale-dependent? Can I insist on an excuse if there isn't one?

Maybe the dog ate it. I guess they then ate the dog in retaliation.

Maybe Trumpeter could ask Revell for some of their excuses, after building some of their 1/32 jets with non existent details, they must have loads!

Al

• Like 2

The fenders are temporary. The bilge and pump drain housings were fitted after the 1980s reactivation and suffered badly from crush damage during transit of the Panama canal as the ships were designed to just fit through as built. For that reason they were built clean sided without downpipes, the pump and bilge outlets just poured straight out of discharges in the side which are replicated in the kit.

There is plating if you look under certain light, my walkround of New Jersey is in the walkround section and there's not much to see. I reckon detail like that could be replicated using Tamiya masking tape even in 1/200.

Edited by PHaTNesS

I see what you're saying Graham, I'll have to check my 1:350 models to see how they've done it. TBH though, how much of the weld lines and plates would you see even in 1:200? What do modellers want, scale details or representative details?

Yes true Shar but then why do they put end butts on deck planking , now that is hard to see and not worth the time to do but they do it ;)

Right back to finding another fault to find, its not like I have a model to make ;)

ERR well the stash would like to be reduced better get back to some building ships then ;)

• Like 1