Matchbox Jaguar GR1

A vast array of purposeful looking aircraft carrying brute-force weapons that were mostly anything but smart.

That's very true. The blast from a Brit thousand pounder is far greater than that from a US MK83. I once had a bomb which had started to extrude its filling, so it needed to be demolished. I handed it over to our friendly US EOD team for disposal, with a recommendation that they place their CP at least 600m from the blast pit. They laughed at me. They had dealt with thousand pounders on many occasions. They knew what they were doing.

Three hours later they came back. Two of their vehicles had been wrecked by the blast wave and they had all been knocked on their... er.. elbows. They didn't make that mistake again. :lol:

• Like 4

I do have a particular fondness for the 1970s-1980s era RAF stuff. A vast array of purposeful looking aircraft carrying brute-force weapons that were mostly anything but smart.

'Mostly anything but smart' - You talking 'bout the drivers there Procopius? :)

• Like 2

'Mostly anything but smart' - You talking 'bout the drivers there Procopius? :)

In truth, my love for the RAF is unconditional and has been since the great "Johnnie" Johnson took the time to send an autographed copy of Wing Leader to a rather annoying eight year old thousands of miles away.

That's very true. The blast from a Brit thousand pounder is far greater than that from a US MK83. I once had a bomb which had started to extrude its filling, so it needed to be demolished. I handed it over to our friendly US EOD team for disposal, with a recommendation that they place their CP at least 600m from the blast pit. They laughed at me. They had dealt with thousand pounders on many occasions. They knew what they were doing.

Three hours later they came back. Two of their vehicles had been wrecked by the blast wave and they had all been knocked on their... er.. elbows. They didn't make that mistake again. :lol:

WOW Enzo that is a cool story. I take it from reading that you were a pilot ? as it sounds like a first hand account. I love to hear story's like this.

Cheers Rob (I am awaiting the postman to arrive with a coffee) :wicked:

Armourer.

All those toys that go bang to play with..........and getting paid for it!

He's going to wish he hadn't admitted to that :) If and when I actually get round to building anything that had weapons hanging on it - I know where to address all those tricky little questions about colours, markings, safety pins etc etc.......

• Like 2

He's going to wish he hadn't admitted to that :) If and when I actually get round to building anything that had weapons hanging on it - I know where to address all those tricky little questions about colours, markings, safety pins etc etc.......

Bring it on! :D

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I'm not sure the Christmas excuse will work for much longer, mate.

No but getting had by an ill fitting Vulcan might be an excuse.. Add to that the Spitfire race that saw this go on hold :)

Well he can always add Mothers Day & Easter to the list... ;)

I will keep that in mind :)

I will post pics later. Its so close to finished you would not believe it. Only need to add stencils, matt varnish, chalk weather, matt varnish, masks off done..

It did not help that someone managed to knock it off a shelf and broke the tail wing..... Fixed now.

Cheers Rob :)