Matchbox Jaguar GR1

I like the look of the Alpha jet too - but prefer the Hawk - in the last analysis the Alpha Jet is a bit dumpy and cutesy looking for a warplane IMHO.

Whenever I see an Alpha Jet, I instinctively cast my gaze across it in search of the nozzle used to inflate it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

There is hope yet....

null_zps077893ca.jpg

Its a log of masking for a little fighter bomber but hopefully it will come out ok... Just got the dark sea grey on. I love how hu166, 164 seem to had an almost purpley pinkish tint to them when they go on, also blues and browns too. I wonder what the hell they make these camo colours out of as they are so chameleon like in different lights. I love it. I wish my car was camo. Better than metallic blue.

This is whats held up my buids at the mo. mobile phone post for the neighbours birthday cake.... yes.... :pipe: not as thrilling as the Jaguar, Harrier, Spitfire, and Vulcan I am making at the moment.

null_zps3e7c5e4b.jpg

null_zps163a152e.jpg

Cheers Rob ;)

Glad to see the Jaguar coming on Rob, but I'm intrigued by the choice of a mobile phone mast as a birthday cake decoration?

Cheers

Cliff

Hi Cliff apparently hes a phone engineer but still an odd thing for a cake. I like different stuff like that. His family want it for a "laugh" for him. Work themed cakes could be funny. I hate to think what cake decoration the councils drain rodder would get !

• Like 2

AHA! That's how you do the leading edge camo on the lower wing. How do you get it tape to follow the shape of the leading edge so well? Do you cover it all with tape and then cut off the bit under the leading edge? If so, how do you keep the cut a constant distance from the actual leading edge?

David

• Like 1

Hi mate

AHA! That's how you do the leading edge camo on the lower wing. How do you get it tape to follow the shape of the leading edge so well? Do you cover it all with tape and then cut off the bit under the leading edge? If so, how do you keep the cut a constant distance from the actual leading edge?

David

Hi david yes I do it all by sight with scissors and and strips of tamiya tape cut to the lenth of the scissor blades and square or angled edges were required. all judged carefully with the eyeballs and a serious headache afterward. then infill the areas with more tape or blue tak. takes ages but worth it. I am not sure how the jags was underneath so this is a guess based on how Vulcans were done which I am more familiar with. as for keeping thickness just use your eyes and trust in a higher force ahaha.

Right the grey is on. This time I am doing it the convetional way but I actually usually spray the green first as I get better results with the patterns. This is due to the brain more easily perceiving the dominant pattern. Its hard to follow the grey. so it could look afull yet. who knows.....

null_zpse74a51be.jpg

Blue tak on lets see if it comes out as well balanced as the Vulcans I did done green first grey last..

null_zps661d074b.jpg

null_zpsb057c81a.jpg

Time will tell...

Cheers Rob

Edited by robvulcan

Its green time... The work bench is getting desperately messy now but believe me this is organised mess. Its getting a lot of action the last 2 months with non stop modelling except for work in betwean....

null_zpscd1c6768.jpg

The FUN PART !!!

:Tasty:

null_zps258684b8.jpg

Much as I like HU163 alot and it does look right sometimes Its still far far too bright these days. It used to be much darker when I was lad but I am very happy so far...

When I do the harrier though I will do green first then grey last..

Cheers Rob

The masking has gone well for you Rob :goodjob:

Cheers col so far so good. just for the silver and sort out the nose and then its decal time.. quick varnish canopy masks off and should be ready for photo time... and then a trip into GIMP to make her fly..

Rob ;)

It amazes me what we stumble across on the Internet. On YouTube you can start with anything you like say a video of an airshow and after about 10 vids you will end up on the wired stuff. I must say its way better than tv though.

Its been doing the rounds on Facebook.

Ah thats an area I don't go on much Maybe I should. I love your profile picture with the meer cat that rocks mate.

I am currently playing a game of "find the damn decal sheet" Where is it !!!!