Anyone Old Enough to Remember This?

biffer

Are any BritModellers old enough to remember the Frog 1/16 Dennis ambulance kit?

I used to think this kit was a figment of my childhood imagination, but I came across a photo of it the other day on the interblob. As a kid in the '60s I can vaguely remember seeing this in a shop window, but I could never afford to buy it. Many years later I found myself driving a real-world version for the Scottish Ambulance Service - hence my interest.

Just wondering if any one remembers building one, and better yet, do you still have it and/or photos???

Cheers!

Andy :bye:

FrogDennisAVAmbulance_zps79f71eef.jpg

Not seen the kit Andy but if I may be allowed in your days with the service did you ever come across Jack Hunter, George Barclay or Bob Taylor at Edinburgh? All relatives

Sorry, John; I was based in the Glasgow area. I made ocassional special clinic trips to Edinburgh, but the only contact I had with the 'locals' would be a quick brew and a chat (mostly grumbling about station-officers; pay-rates; the public; etc, etc). I'm afraid none of those names ring a bell with me. Thanks for replying, though.

I remember this very well and had a lot of fun building it, I kept it up until about 9yrs ago when I passed it on to a local neighbours boy.

It had blue flashing light, working headlights and fully motorized.

Interior was detailed,you could lift out a centre roof section to see inside.

Ah memories !!

Derek

I remember having the 1100 it must have been pre 65 I was still in primary school,I never realised they were in such a large scale.I also seem to remember seeing the ambulance and victor in a local toy shop around the same time.I've no memory of building the 1100 would it have been screwed and clipped together like the old Scalecraft kits?

Malcolm

Used to own a Mk 1 Cortina, and had thought about converting the kit into a 2 door. The old kit was scrapped, though I still have the box. When they appear on ebay, the price usually precludes purchase. It begs superdetailing and I'm not skilled enough to do it justice.

I remember this very well and had a lot of fun building it, I kept it up until about 9yrs ago when I passed it on to a local neighbours boy.

It had blue flashing light, working headlights and fully motorized.

Interior was detailed,you could lift out a centre roof section to see inside.

Ah memories !!

Derek

Derek; get a hold of that boy - at once! Yeah, I know, I'm nine years too late ... he'll have grown up now and sold it on FeePay for the equivalant of a small mortgage. It's an extreme longshot, but I have to ask - did you by any chance keep the box or instruction sheet??? Any photos???

"Oh my God! You GAVE IT AWAY???!!!" Sorry about that, it just sort of slipped out. :blink2: