Hawker Hurricane No 4

Hi folks,here,s another Airfix mk1.totally different scheme to that shown on the decal sheet,I had originally asked for information

on the underside colour on the sheet and amongst the replies Troy sent me some excellent photo,s of the real aircraft with the

sky paint overlapping the wing leading edge and his take on the spinner colour.thanks for lookingSDC10554_zps10b4421e.jpg2b6a1c3d-2e66-42b1-9acf-6d618af7fa32_zpsSDC10557_zpsab56f5ce.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice looking Hurricane you have there, well done.

Only critique I would have is the antenna wire looks a bit too thick, maybe use some cotton thread or fishing line perhaps?

All in all, a very nice looking plane, you should be proud on doing this kit justice.

Thanks,not happy with the antenna wire either used evergreen strip I am going to replace it,I also missed the anti glare exhaust plates which were fitted

while the aircraft wore this scheme so that will be corrected too.

Hi Steve

that's come out really well.

Here's one of the pics from Steve's original question thread here

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234948380-hurricane-colour-question/

The_Battle_of_Britain_HU54416.jpg

One point, and this goes for ALL RAF planes. Roundels NEVER overlap onto control surfaces. there is a formula for the size and positioning of them as well.

[ from memory 2/3rd out on wing, 2 inch gap from leading edge and rear of wing/control surface, I'm not going to look it up as that could take another 15 mins to find the exact reference...]

just about visible here

lewis4.jpg

In the 1930's IRRC, 43 sq flying Hawker Fury's had check on their tailplanes, and with continual retouching to look immaculate, eventually they caused them to become unbalanced, after that regulations specified no painting on control surfaces, and with very few exceptions [eg rudder stripes in France] this was obeyed.

I also just noticed, the spinner has a white backplate as well.

cheers

Troy