1/48 Heinkel He115

MickE

Hi all

Has anyone started building the 1/48 Heinkel He115 yet. I have just started mine and I am having a bit of difficulty with the cockpit, in particular the sides, floor and bulkheads. The sides are not perpendicular to the fuselage sides if you sit them on the locating lugs, and if you align them to the fuselage, then the bulheads lean back slightly. Also the instructions appear to show the front part of the floor butts onto the front bulkhead but then the floor sticks too far forward. Can anyone help.

Mick

Welcome to the world of Special Hobby kits. I have not started mine yet, but I am not surprised by poor fiiting resin interior pieces.

If it is anyhthing like the Br 20, the horror will be kicked up with the fitting of the clear parts.

Don't be afraid to sand and test fit any number of times and adjust. In fact, that is a bsic requirement.

Edited by Steven Eisenman

Welcome to the world of Special Hobby kits. I have not started mine yet, but I am not surprised by poor fiiting resin interior pieces.

If it is anyhthing like the Br 20, the horror will be kicked up with the fitting of the clear parts.

Don't be afraid to sand and test fit any number of times and adjust. In fact, that is a bsic requirement.

Agreed! Test-fit, sand, test-fit and sand again - you will be rewarded in the end!

Had a quick look at mine and realised that Special hobby ,to save paper have done the instructions at 1/25th scale . Will keep an eye on your build as you are brave to be one of the first to make a start on it. I did manage to read on the instructions that special care must be taken when assembling the floats . The interior looks to be well detailed .

Started it, not as bad as their Br.20 and He 177 , but not much better..Pay special attention to float alignement. Sincerely hope this in among the last short run kits from MPM Group, they produce some truely nice subjects, but they really need to use modern production techniques. Each and every time I build one I need years before tackling another.

Their upcoming Viggen is produced using CAD, so hopefully it will become a norm.

Started it, not as bad as their Br.20 and He 177 , but not much better..Pay special attention to float alignement. Sincerely hope this in among the last short run kits from MPM Group, they produce some truely nice subjects, but they really need to use modern production techniques. Each and every time I build one I need years before tackling another.

Their upcoming Viggen is produced using CAD, so hopefully it will become a norm.

With regard to the floats, did you insert any steel wire to bolseter the attachment? The attachment points look insubstantial.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see a WIP on this one, as I also have this kit, but as of yet only opened the box for inspection...

Cheers, Ian