well thats something new?revell limited reissue?

jetboy

hi,has anyone seen any silly prices on e bay yet,normally when somethings being rereleased you find the old ones coming out of the woodwork?i dont think i did too bad on buying these,the first one for 150,and i did see them going for 300,and the second one i got for 80,not too bad alround?...

cheers Don

Combine the towers for use with a Saturn V.

One of my mates did this years ago, looks pretty impressive. I remember him telling me that the Revell launch Tower is more in the range of 1/160 -1/168 rather than 1/144.

HTH

Andy

Yes, it was announced a few days back. The shuttle is to be released separately as well.

Marty...

I wonder if it will include the proper tail service structures (the things shaped like tombstones) to support the Orbiter or if it will just be those hideous non-scale struts, The TSS version was only ever available with the tower kit.

I wonder if it will include the proper tail service structures (the things shaped like tombstones) to support the Orbiter or if it will just be those hideous non-scale struts, The TSS version was only ever available with the tower kit.

In all their other re-issues in the 'Classic' range to date there have been no changes or up grades to the kits and they have been entirely as the original, I would expect this one to be no different.

The wording of the press release leads me think it is likely to be the 'full stack' version, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk

• 3 months later...

In all their other re-issues in the 'Classic' range to date there have been no changes or up grades to the kits and they have been entirely as the original, I would expect this one to be no different.

The wording of the press release leads me think it is likely to be the 'full stack' version, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

Marty...

On Revell's website it says that it'll have the full shuttle stack along with the tower in this kit.

On Revell's website it says that it'll have the full shuttle stack along with the tower in this kit.

I think this is the only place you can get the proper tail service units (the tombstone-shaped things either side of the main engine compartment) to support the Orbiter, rather than those hideous non-scale struts in the basic Shuttle kit.

I didn't think the Mobile Launch Platform (MLP), where the two Tail Service Units sit, came with this kit?

My understand is you only get the rotating structure and the tower (which is part of the old LUT from the Apollo/Saturn era).

I agree about the totally underscale and incorrect MLP that is issued with the Shuttle kit. That MLP is nearer to 1:200 rather than 1:144

Mike

I know on Revell's website and Wonderland's website they describe the whole kit including the Rotating Service Structure and Fixed Service Structure along with the full shuttle stack and I'm sure it'll come with the out of scale MLP which I plan to scratch build one of the correct size

I got one of these on its original release and the MLP definitely comes with it - otherwise the Shuttle wouldn't line up with the crew access arm and the Gaseous Vent Arm with the beanie cap.

I'm thinking of scratch building the MLP for this kit but if I do a true 1/144 scale MLP then the shuttle won't line up properly so I'll have to keep the same Revell MLP height the a true 1/144 length and width.

I have used the Plastruct stairs for my MLP/LUT (for the Airfix Saturn/Apollo kit) build but that is a scratchbuild to true 1:144 scale. The stairs would be fine for that.

Unfortunately these stairs would be quite a bit oversize for the MLP that is supplied with the kit. The other solution would be to buy the LVM photo-etch sets but these are very expensive.

Here are some images of my staircase building

P1070891.jpg

Stairs-level0-1.jpg

P1070883.jpg

P1080655.jpg

• Like 1

I have used the Plastruct stairs for my MLP/LUT (for the Airfix Saturn/Apollo kit) build but that is a scratchbuild to true 1:144 scale. The stairs would be fine for that.

Unfortunately these stairs would be quite a bit oversize for the MLP that is supplied with the kit. The other solution would be to buy the LVM photo-etch sets but these are very expensive.

Here are some images of my staircase building

P1070891.jpg

Stairs-level0-1.jpg

P1070883.jpg

P1080655.jpg

Thanks for the information Bootneck; and what a very nice build you have going there. I tried educraft's LC39 Launch Complex paper model and failed miserably at it. I tip my hat to you and anyone else who can build a paper model.

I've taken a look on their website and found that they have different scales to the stairs. I intend to use them on the Fixed Service Structure. If you could tell me which stairs you used for your LUT it'd be greatly appreciated.

The LVM set is WAYYYY to far fetched for me. I don't mind spending 100-150 USD for this kit but they want the same price just for that one detail kit. I admit it looks amazing when put on the tower bit if I can get the same effect for a lot cheaper then I will, and plus scratch building the stairs seem like it'll be a fun learning process.

Edited by T.Moore1521