Spitfire PRXIX Airfix 1/48

Just finished another build, it was quite a quick one, only 10 days start to finish.

Its the AIRFIX 1/48 PRXIX

After just completeing the ACADEMY Spitfire XIV I thought I had better see what a Spitfire was supposed to look like.

For being such a new kit I was a little bit disappointed with some of the fit. Interiour detail is first class but the wing root fitting was awful.

Its brush painted with Humbrol acrylics and been given a light weathering and aftermarket decals.

One of the photos shows it next to the Academy kit and the differences are glaringly obvious.

All comments welcome.

Mark.

20131110_134754_zps58e8737b.jpg

20131110_134745_zpsf9cbc75e.jpg

20131110_134336_zps80ad42d6.jpg

20131106_213151_zpsfcc87def.jpg

• Like 5

Lovely - the PR.19 may be my favourite Spitfire variant! As far as the wingroot - a pity, but that seems to be a common problem with just about every Spitfire I've ever done (rather like the wingroot on the Il-2; nobody ever does it where it fits exactly right). Is it just the camera, or is the Academy Mk.XIV rather squashed-looking?

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 1

Great build. And as others have said it highlights what a porker that Academy Spit is. Get a move on Airfix with your Mk XIV!!!

• Like 1