Airfix 1/24 hawker Typhoon

Algie75

Very nice Typhoon , the engine and his installation looks gorgeous - but - why 1/24 ? I need it in 1/32.... 1/24 is too big. And i hope in 1/72 Car Door "Tiffy".

Oh, wait, the level of details in cockpit, cannons, wheel bays... And it is "Fix" dude and "Fix" is cheap... No, no, i can't bought it... I CAN'T !

Edited by AlCZ

Awesome! Not my scale but kudos to Airfix for this..........beast of a kit.

Parts breakdown is interesting with a separate back end, so early and late a possibity?

Trevor

Hmm, I looked at the parts breakdown, at it seems 'over engineered' note the separtae outer lower wing and underfuselage.

Given the excellent fit of the new kits I'm being pessimistic, but be interesting to know why ths part breakdown.

the two tails had me scratching my head, but, it's for the later Tempest style tailplanes, note the different root faring on each. Does mean a lot of surplus parts.

What a beast!

Given Sir Sidney Camm's design evolutions are we likely to see a progression of Typhoon-Tempest-Sea Fury on this?

I doubt it. The real things have many simarlarites, but these are not as appliable to models.

the Tempest has an entirely new wing, and U/C, with different wing roots and a extended by 2 ft fusleage in front of cockpit, and a large fin extension

The Sea Fury uses the Tempest wing, minus centre section, with and entirely new fuselage...

I would be very upset if they did these as i might have to buy them!

I could even see myself buying a Typhoon in a year's time when initail demand has dropped off and they are available cheap briefly [like the Mosquito was] ....but where would I put it!!!!

cheers

T

It is awesome.....anyone else notice the ripples in the skin to simulate the full-size, or were my glasses steaming up?

That's my birthday present to me sorted :yahoo:

No, I thought the same. Looks like stressed skin to me in the photo.

Can't please everyone. :lol:

Well I'm pleased!

Well I'm down for two bubbletops RCAF, and perhaps one car door type. I sure like this kit. Way to go airfix.

No too many years ago I thought I'd built my last airfix kit, the very weak 1:48 mark IX. Just to get it out of the stash. Then I got the mk I for Christmas from my little boy. It was ok, now my stash has about 15 airfix kits and is growing with each release. Now we just need a 1:48 challenger II to go with the operation Herick releases.

Just spoken to the man in charge on the Airfix stand, they are aiming for a June release with an RRP of £90, although these are both not fixed

Hmm, might be worth keeping an eye on Hattons for a discounted pre-order as they did with the Javelin.

Thrifty (cheap) Dave

Although not my scale or area of interest it does look like a very impressive model and loads of people seem to like it already so in that respect Airfix have done good!

Will look forward to December 18th to hear the rest of next years line up.

l also see that Tamiya is going to do a 1/32 mossie ( according to what l have read) The cat got out of the bag somehow

I heard something about HK doing a Mossie 1/32 but would prefer Tamiya. :)

I will defiently add this Tiffie to the stash but I cannot build it while being a student - too small a place..! ;) Would actually have preferred it in 1/48 or 1/32 but what the hell.. :speak_cool:

Looks like a Car Door, or a Bubble top can be done.....

file_zpsa49da9b6.jpg

file_zps6da67762.jpg

file_zps4453e3be.jpg

file_zpsc6efa364.jpg

file_zps5c439b27.jpg

file_zps2014f248.jpg

The rivet detail is exquisite!

Just thought I'd mention (Seeing as Rob hasn't, and Jonathan isn't on BM anymore) that these are Jonathan Mock's photos from Hyperscale

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1383993172/Airfix+announce+1-24+Hawker+Typhoon!

Edited by Dave Fleming

Well you surely couldn't have been expecting a VC-10, could you? :D

I'd buy that before a 1/24 Typhoon any day!.

:winkgrin:

Am I the only one who is underwhelmed by this "big announcement"?

Looks great though. I just hope Airfix don't get their fingers burnt with this one.

• Like 2

Just thought I'd mention (Seeing as Rob hasn't, and Jonathan isn't on BM anymore) that these are Jonathan Mock's photos from Hyperscale

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1383993172/Airfix+announce+1-24+Hawker+Typhoon!

Yup! thanks for that I never thought about it with all the excitement!

hi

well currently there are six revell and one mdc typhoon on e bay

is the big sell off starting ?

maybe some bargains for those who do 1:32 ?

I will buy an airfix 1:24 typhoon, maybe two

cant wait, it looks good.

but where is my 1:24 whirlwind airfix ?

cheers

Jerry

• Like 1

Just spoken to the man in charge on the Airfix stand, they are aiming for a June release with an RRP of £90, although these are both not fixed

awesome just in time for my birthday prezzie

Nice subject, beautifull looking kit - but completely the wrong scale for me. But I hope this will be a good seller generating cash for Airfix to invest in new 1/72 kits. There are SO many more urgently waiting to be kitted in God's true scale; Shackelton, Victor, single seat Venom, Wellington, Blenheim, Mirage III/5 & IV, etc.