Airfix 1/24 hawker Typhoon

Algie75

Hmmm, I personally am lukewarm at best to this. Just looking at that picture I can count numerous accuracy problems. I like to think of myself as a Typhoon expert having read numerous books and studied blue prints. Plus, I just know the decals will be predictable at best. ONLY JOKING! AWESOME release Airfix, can't wait to build one, looks magnificent!

• Like 1

I wonder why airfix so far seem to be shying away from 32nd scale? I think possibly I'd be more tempted by this if this were in 32 (to go with other stuff I have in the stash) but that being said, it does look rather nice! Well done Airfix :clap:

Edited by jasman71
  • Like 1

Mantog, you had me going for a second there!

I'm with "At Sea" (post 24) - pleased with Airfix's chutzpa, but bring on the Spit FR.XIV for next year! (or I guess the year after that, really)

bob

Edited by gingerbob
  • Like 1

Very interesting choice of subject, and most welcome.

Wonder if there'll be 'early' and 'late' options in the kit - a 3 bladed prop and earlier (non Tempest style) tailplanes?

Simon

Sprue shots on Hyperscale show two tail fins and a fuselage breakdown that allows for both cockpit styles.

Looks like a Car Door, or a Bubble top can be done.....

file_zpsa49da9b6.jpg

file_zps6da67762.jpg

file_zps4453e3be.jpg

file_zpsc6efa364.jpg

file_zps5c439b27.jpg

file_zps2014f248.jpg

The rivet detail is exquisite!

Edited by rob

I wonder why airfix so far seem to be shying away from 32nd scale? I think possibly I'd be more tempted by this if this were in 32 (to go with other stuff I have in the stash) but that being said, it does look rather nice! I also wonder how long before they scale it down to 72: box set with the Typhoon maybe? Well done Airfix :clap:

Their answer to that is that it's not a scale they do.

Wonder what it will cost? I reckon you could be looking 3 figures

But when you work out the cost against hours entertainment it will be good value thats for sure

BRING IT ON :wow:

Rodders

It'll be £99 I reckon, the Mossie was £129, I feel an Amiens Prison raid Diorama coming on!.......

And if it was a Tami-Gawa kit you'd be looking at £200 at least!

I believe Tamiya have a stand at Telford, I bet the phone lines back to Japan are working overtime as we speak!

A long time ago I bought a signature on eBay of Roland 'Bee' Beamont; I now know what use that I will have for it!

So, a 1/24th Typhoon, sitting on a nice base with the pilot's original signature next to it. Personally I cannot see what is not to like about that?

Thank you Airfix!!!!

• Like 4

I'm in

And I guessed right too for once!

What's the RRP and will I need to offload my 1/32 Revell and resin Tiffies to afford this beastie

I'm in

And I guessed right too for once!

What's the RRP and will I need to offload my 1/32 Revell and resin Tiffies to afford this beastie

I'll give you a tenner for one. ;.-)

Ian M

Looks nothing like a Vulcan. Get it together Airfix. LOL

Serious note. It does look great but to big for me as well.

Ian M