New Tamiya 1/32 d.h. Mosquito FB.VI

ColFord

• 5 months later...

It's now official - release in July 2015.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/thread/1428914256/Tamiya+1-32+Mosquito+FB.VI+for+July+Release+-+Official

Tamiya Kit No. 60326 1/32 De Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI

Availability: July

Japanese Retail Price: 19,800 yen (planned)

The "Wooden Wonder" makes an appearance in highly impressive 1/32 scale! That was the nickname given to

the De Havilland Mosquito series of aircraft, an ingenious and beautiful design which saw the versatile airplane

made almost entirely of wood. Its outstanding speed and range ensured that the FB Mk.VI was used in a range

of missions, including raids on important targets and infrastructure in the German homeland. It is often said that,

until the advent of the Messerschmitt Me262, the German Luftwaffe did not have an adequate response to the

"Mossie."

About the Model

• This is a 1/32 scale plastic model assembly kit.

• At 515mm in wingspan, this masterpiece captures the elegant twin-engine form of the FB Mk.VI with

astounding detail. This newly-tooled model was researched using real Mosquitos.

• The cockpit interior is realistically depicted, right down to details such as the pilot's seat cushion.

• The modeler is presented with a number of options in assembly of the kit.

• Separate parts recreate bomb bay and wing underside 500lb bombs, plus 50-gallon drop tanks.

• 3 figures are included.

• Comes with 3 marking options, plus masking stickers.

• A 12-page B5 size commemorative booklet includes color photographs and a detailed history of the Mosquito.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

I reckon by the time it hits the shelves in the UK, it'll be at least £149, so very similar to the HKM MKIV, unfortunately i'll just have to buy both........... :evil_laugh:

Edited by rob

Well I am sure if Tamiya produce a really nice (all being well there is no reason to doubt it) Mk VI to start and follow up with a IV and some two stage engines at some point I could be having to find some serious cash, to afford a line up of Mossie's in 1/32.

Ali

Absoooolutly Suuuuuuuuuuper. Fighter bomber version from Tamiya..... I haven't problem pay for Japan Quality.... And post war CZ Mossie in silver coat.... Hmmm. Most beautiful prop heavy fighter 4ever.....

yen to pound sterling converter 19800yen=£115 approx, seems a little low compared to the Corsair (last release by Tamiya) for a twin engined plane, but then the Corsair was a big aircraft

Hi

Well it looks to be about 2/3rds the price of the HK, so it may also be down to the way it assembles.

definitely an option now airfix or tamiya ?

now

i wonder if my AM stuff for my revell will fit the tamiya kit

or maybe even the revell bomber nose

cheers

jerry

Edited by brewerjerry

I am currently building a Tamiya 1/32 P-51D Mustang. It is a wonderful kit, don't get me wrong, but it could be a lot simpler to put together- some places are very over engineered. If the Mosquito is like that, it could give nightmares. But in a good way....

Am sure it will be excellent and would really love a decent Mossie in this scale but regardless of whether it is £115 or £150 , it is still way over priced for my budget. A pity Revell could not see fit to produce a brand new 1/32 Mosquito at their usual bargain basement prices!! Just as a matter of interest, I note that several of the original Airfix 1/24 Mosquito kits are on the Bay of E at prices ranging from £190 - £245 !! And that is before postage!! The new release of the 1/24 Airfix Mosquito is currently advertised at Wonderland for £124.99.If I could afford it & was willing to pay that sort of money, I would personally go for the Airfix kit - purely because I'd get a whole lot more for my hard earned.

Allan

• Like 2

Airfix "car scale" Mossie is ugly..... Tiffy is another quality.... And Revell ? With many lack and lapses in their kits ??? Look on errors in their He-219 - one of most iconic WW II german heavy fighter, from german Revell team.... Tamiya isn't cheap, but every kit in 1/32 are a gem.... Maybe HK release FB Mk. VI too... But i go to Tamiya.... it is a state of art kit.

• Like 3

Hi

pre orders discount available here

at 140 Usd

about 94 Gbp http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10321770

although small print says price may change

cheers

jerry

Love the - Powerful size of the full width 515mm bit.

Love the - Powerful size of the full width 515mm bit.

:)

I liked the limit three per household :)

I imagined that most people would only buy one or two of them.

cheers

jerry

• Like 1

:)

I liked the limit three per household :)

I imagined that most people would only buy one or two of them.

cheers

jerry

Well I want one for sure Jerry

Hi

pre orders discount available here

at 140 Usd

about 94 Gbp

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10321770

although small print says price may change

cheers

jerry

They are slightly cheaper at HLJ

http://www.hlj.com/product/TAM60326/Air

About $133

The HK kit has the same MSRP as the Tamiya but is not discounted as much

http://www.hlj.com/product/HKM01E15/Air

About $149

• 3 weeks later...

From the Tamiya website.

Tamiya's New Releases! ⇒Click here to see the list of new releases!

※Image shows actual aircraft.

■1/32 De Havilland Mosquito FB Mk.VI (Tentative)

The twin-engined "Wooden Wonder" makes an appearance in imposing and impressive 1/32 scale! The FB Mk.VI Mosquito was a major fighter-bomber variant of the British plane, and Tamiya designers examined the real thing in great depth to bring you this highly accurate model. It features a realistic 1-part wing root section, plus an exquisite rendering of the main landing gear tires in plastic, masterfully capturing the compression caused by the aircraft weight. ★Wingspan: 515mm. ★Includes highly detailed depictions of the cockpit and bomb bay interiors. ★Nose-mounted 7.7mm machine guns and 20mm cannons are faithfully captured. ★Comes with parts to depict 500lb bombs, 3 crew figures and 3 marking options.