New Tamiya 1/32 d.h. Mosquito FB.VI

ColFord

The Tamiya measuring team is at work and the people who restored/rebuilt/new built the d.h. Mosquito FB.VI now owned by Jerry Yagen have posted the following on their Facebook page. Do we consider this then a 'confirmed' rumour??

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=677728248927278&set=a.198805123486262.49724.133710429995732&type=1&theater

Let the discussion begin!!!

The Tamiya measuring team is at work and the people who restored/rebuilt/new built the d.h. Mosquito FB.VI now owned by Jerry Yagen have posted the following on their Facebook page. Do we consider this then a 'confirmed' rumour??

I was told in 1997, by a very reliable source, that Tamiya's people had been crawling all over the Blenheim/Bolingbroke at Hendon. I've no doubt that they did measure it, but I'm still waiting for my kit.....

Cheers,

Bill.

• Like 1

And just when you thought it couldn't get any better, it seems that this beauty will be with us in the near future.....

https://www.facebook.com/Avspecs?hc_location=stream

"Tamiya have just sent 3 staff to the Fighter Factory to gather a comprehensive photographic record of KA114 to aid in the production of a new Mosquito kitset due for release around the end of 2014/15. 1/32nd scale. Should be a beauty."

Will members please do a seach on a subject before posting. We've had to merge three new threads on this one subject in just one day.

To be fair, two of those threads were started within one minute of each other, and not actually visible when each was being composed and posted.

Fair point. I was too busy merging to note the times. :D

Fair play but this is a point well made by the Mods

Have noticed same topic cropping up a few times recently and second topic starter prob not looking to see if already under discussion

Now that the Airfix Tiffie has broken cover, is there any news from the Tamiya Stand regarding their Mossie?

• 10 months later...

And just when you thought it couldn't get any better, it seems that this beauty will be with us in the near future.....

https://www.facebook.com/Avspecs?hc_location=stream

"Tamiya have just sent 3 staff to the Fighter Factory to gather a comprehensive photographic record of KA114 to aid in the production of a new Mosquito kitset due for release around the end of 2014/15. 1/32nd scale. Should be a beauty."

Great news but if it's a "2014 release", they are going to have to get a move on with the tooling, distribution and marketing!

Gary

Edited by redcap

I'm not that bothered about a Tamiya 1/32 Mossie. For a start apart from maybe pre-drilled out gun barrels their 1/48th kit is hard to beat plus no doubt their 1/32 kit will have those damn rubber tyres.

As much as i like the 48th scale kit i suspect "if" they are doing one in 32nd it'll be up there with their other recent releases
  • Like 1

Not my scale but I suspect that the Tamiya one will be streets ahead for accuracy etc. Thats IF they ARE doing one!.

Well The Tamiya 48th Mossie has some inaccuracies, I still think the Airfix of has a better shape, it just lacks the detail of the Tamiya one...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not that bothered about a Tamiya 1/32 Mossie. For a start apart from maybe pre-drilled out gun barrels their 1/48th kit is hard to beat plus no doubt their 1/32 kit will have those damn rubber tyres.

I've used synthetic rubber tyres on a number of models and they really look the part with a little bit of grey "wear".

What *Airfix* did wrong was to provide *flat* rubber tyres in their 1/24 release.

Plastic flatties for the flat brigade and round rubber for the rest of us, or flatties and roundies both in plastic please.

I doubt if a Tamiya would be an improvement over the HKM version, unless they released complementary marks - now there's a thought !

Tony

Edited to correct tablet auto spell

Edited by tony.t