Airspeed Oxford

AZmodel

Is there any difference to the original Pavla, aside from the injected transparent parts and decals?

Dear Carlos,

This is a completely new model of Oxford made ​​using the old original model from PAVLA.

The whole model is completely reworked, repaired, improved and now it is also good seal.

Photos all this be proof.

We believe that this model will make you happy.

For information, the company PAVLA-plastic models are from the lady owner officially purchased. Our company now owns the right to use for the production of original models PAVLA.

Model begins to sell tomorrow to show in Telford.

Sale conducted our distributor company Hannants.

Looks very nice and looking at the parts an easier build then the Pavla one. I will not be at Telford (sob, sob) so will have to wait awhile. Any news on the Master?

I`ll be getting at least one of these,2 or 3 more if they are not too expensive and look forward to seeing it at Telford as it look very nice indeed.

I second the query about the Master,.....I`ve been looking forward to this one for a while and would like a couple of these too,

All the best

Tony,

Dear Carlos,

This is a completely new model of Oxford made ​​using the old original model from PAVLA.

The whole model is completely reworked, repaired, improved and now it is also good seal.

Photos all this be proof.

We believe that this model will make you happy.

Thanks Petr. I may get one one just for the civil decals, even if I have a few Frog and Pavla Oxfords.

Carlos

Reference the aft edge of the wing immediately underneath the engine nacelles, you'll need to trim off the shaped section to make a straight edge, see the photo below of Duxford's example:

8fde73d8-babd-4e18-a7ea-31f6e3df2004_zps

Max

• Like 1

The Oxford and Consul File by John F Hamlin lists V3388 as having no RAF service; sold to Boulton & Paul 9.5.46; became G-AHTW; the last airworthy Oxford.

This photo should further reassure you of the underwing shapes etc. :)

Oxfordunderside_zpsfe2f46b5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Oxford and Consul File by John F Hamlin lists V3388 as having no RAF service; sold to Boulton & Paul 9.5.46; became G-AHTW; the last airworthy Oxford.

This photo should further reassure you of the underwing shapes etc. :)

Thanks, what a great and useful photo !!!

Cheers, Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Is this common with this kit (can't see photos as they're not getting past works internet system).

Took mine out of the box last night and removed the fuselage sides and put them together (not glued). The left and right tails don't match. Is this a casting error or mold making error? If the latter which half is correct?

• 5 years later...
13 hours ago, Moa said:

Is this kit unavailable now? I am looking only for the civil version.

Cheers

Hi Moa,

I just checked mine and if you don't need either decals or skies or both the plastics will be tha same in the military versions.

Cheers,

AaCee

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

As far  as I know they only made the one run, six years ago in 2013. You'll need to get searches up on the usual auction sites and second-hand dealers.

4 hours ago, AaCee26 said:

Hi Moa,

I just checked mine and if you don't need either decals or skies or both the plastics will be tha same in the military versions.

Cheers,

AaCee

Thank you both for your replies

Cheers