Airfix Javelin - Ready for Telford

Last night I completed Airfix Javelin (at around 1:30 am) , it was a massive rush but it is ready to grace the Romsey Modellers table at Telford this weekend.

It's a great kit and I thoroughly enjoyed the build ( apart from the last few days which have been a bit frantic ).

Build OOB apart from a set of Eduard Canberra seatbelts ( which are pretty close to the MB Mk 2 seat, and look much better than I could have achieved with foil)

DSC_4507-2.jpg

DSC_4511-2.jpg

DSC_4515-2.jpg

DSC_4516-2.jpg

DSC_4519-2.jpg

DSC_4520-2.jpg

DSC_4523-2.jpg

DSC_4526-2.jpg

DSC_4529-2.jpg

DSC_4498-2.jpg

• Like 11

Interesting question about the FOD and exhaust guards, they all say port top, there are supposed to be stencils on the bottom but I managed to loose them ( the guards being the last thing I did, I think they said port bottom. So I think in this case port means "hole" but I can't be sure.

• Like 1

Very nice indeed,.....I`m doing mine as the very same aircraft but after it became the CO`s aircraft on 5 Sqn following the disbandment of 33 Sqn and its transfer to Germany to become the `new' 5 Sqn!

I`ll look forward to seeing it at Telford,

Cheers

Tony O

Lovely work. I've been telling myself I can't get on of these until I've depleted the stash a little, but builds like this are testing my will power!

Oh yes of course its XH903 which became part of 5 Sqn later...

I've already decided which 5 Sqn aircraft I'll be building but I don't have my notes to hand in the office, but I don't think it was this one. I'm goign to start it probably in the New Year.

Now that is one Beeeeeeuuuuuuutiful build and aircraft. Be still my fluttering heart :wub: :wub: :wub: ......or as Will Smith said in Independence Day....." I've got to get me one of these!!!"

Really nice Tony. The intake and exhaust blanks are great! I'm slowly getting back to modelling after an entire adult life without it and build 1:72...but this build REALLY makes me want to put the Javelin on my list! BTW, great display from Romsey Modellers at the weekend!