1/48 Tamiya Spitfire Mk Vb "Joe II"

I have just finished my Spitfire Vb in 1/48 scale from Tamiya. Cockpit is from Aires, propeller and exhaust pipes are from Quickboost and wheels are from Barracudacast.

The model represents Spitfire Mk Vb, AB184 "Joe II" which was with 332 Squadron in 1942. Decals are from Vingtor. I have used Xtracolor, Tamiya and Vallejo paint for airbrushing. Humbrol enamels are used for painting details.

Joe+II-9321.jpg

Joe+II-9315.jpg

Joe+II-9323.jpg

• Like 11

Hi. The weathering aft of the exhaust-pipes was done with Humbrol and pigment powder. I started with drybrushing different shades of Humbrol. Then I applied pastel powder and used a slightly damp brush to remove some of it. After sealing it with a gloss cote i could repeat the prosess until it looked ok. A little pastel was used after the satin finish to end the prosess.

And i forgot to say that I replaced the barrels with metal barrels from Master.

Hi. The weathering aft of the exhaust-pipes was done with Humbrol and pigment powder. I started with drybrushing different shades of Humbrol. Then I applied pastel powder and used a slightly damp brush to remove some of it. After sealing it with a gloss cote i could repeat the prosess until it looked ok. A little pastel was used after the satin finish to end the prosess.

And i forgot to say that I replaced the barrels with metal barrels from Master.

Thanks!

Ah, the barrels, explains the good look! ;)

Beautifully made ​​Spitfire. Although the network is full of Spitfire, but interesting are the models with personal emblems. In addition, one victory on AB184 achieved O. Djonne (Do-217 08/19/42 Dieppe), Norwegian ace.

• 1 month later...

this is realy beautiful, the weathering is great and the exhaust trails (srry if i m using wrong word :) ) looks absolutely awesome. i love how you did not made it as a continuing line but more like stains, looks quite realistic

• 3 months later...