Airfix F2A

Canberra Fan

Just thought of another difference between the F2a and the F6, theres a small circular vent and panel just aft of the Aden cannons , not sure if Airfix have this in their kit, but its quite prominent on the F2a (and other Aden cannoned version) due to its proximity to the nose roundel, so should be there, or added. The F6 of course did not have this, so if Airfix have added this,, you will need to fill this hole.

I didn't know that, thanks Bill.

Duncan B

....... Intake bullet, cockpit and the exhausts went together beautifully, but the intake itself is slightly warped. This should sort itself when it's all sandwiched into the fuselage, which is a rather tight fit around the nose. .......

I found the upper nose infront of the screen was not a good fit where everywhere else it was OK. Like you say, the trunking and the cockpit is a tight fit. I remedied the resulting gap on mine with a length of microstrip glue in, let harden and then shaved off with some little sanding. JOb done! I had a bit of a moment when I couldn't find the intake lip/ring until I realised it is incorporated with the intake trunking!! :rolleyes:

It is a cracker isn't it! - Very pleased to see the decals, and those in recent other new tools, are up to modern standards too plus stencils! If Airfix keeps to this benchmark for new releases we will be into some very good products at fair and sensible prices. I am surprised we haven't seen any movement on an accurate range of British Phantoms and a Chieftain tank...both my all time favourites along with the Lightning...

Is it just me, or are Airfix not releasing this outside their website? It's still not listed on Hannants, my LHS hasn't got any, and my order (from Wonderland) came back to say that they're "out of stock". :(

Is it just me, or are Airfix not releasing this outside their website? It's still not listed on Hannants, my LHS hasn't got any, and my order (from Wonderland) came back to say that they're "out of stock". :(

Mine's on it's way from Ebay, posted today. When I purchased it last week for a very good price, the listing advised stock was due that week. I was advised by the helpful staff that the delivery actually arrived yesterday and it's been posted out today.

Maybe just a slight delay in getting them out to the shops, or maybe Airfix have slightly underestimated the popularity of this kit. I have one and would prefer a bona-fide F6 kit before getting another F2a

There are a few more listed on Ebay now, though for more than I paid

Interesting...I bought mine off of an E-Bay 'shop', says it was dispatched yesterday, so it should arrive soon. It is strange though that Hannants (for example) aren't showing it yet- perhaps they're fulfilling pre-orders first?

Interesting...I bought mine off of an E-Bay 'shop', says it was dispatched yesterday, so it should arrive soon. It is strange though that Hannants (for example) aren't showing it yet- perhaps they're fulfilling pre-orders first?

Could be with Hannants. I noticed in the past thet when new kits appear on the new arrivals listing they are showing as out of stock before any chance of ordering. So it does seem that pre orders get priority.

I ordered one from Wonderland back before it got delayed, and it just arrived 2 hours ago. So they, at least, probably only received enough to fill their pre-orders. Hannants often seem to list things a couple of weeks after general release, for whatever reason.

Paul.

My LHS Jamiesons Models in Glasgow has the Lightning in stock as well as the Fw190 and Warrior.

I picked one up at Models4Hobby just outside Durham on Friday but it's listed as out of stock now.

I assume the F6/F53 will cost a bit more as all the parts for the F2A will have to be included.

Is it too early to start badgering Airfix for an F3/T5? I know it will need a completely new tool but if you don't ask........ :)

Stuart

• Like 1

I bought mine this afternoon,from my local model shop in Paignton.-I try to use the local shop where possible.He has stock of the new FW190 as well,so the surmise about Airfix holding back seems to be incorrect.

I picked one up at Models4Hobby just outside Durham on Friday but it's listed as out of stock now.

I assume the F6/F53 will cost a bit more as all the parts for the F2A will have to be included.

Is it too early to start badgering Airfix for an F3/T5? I know it will need a completely new tool but if you don't ask........ :)

Stuart

It's never too early but why be satisfied with just the F3/T5, let's go for the full set.

Duncan B

• Like 2

I ordered one from eHattons at the weekend and they were showing 9 left in stock at that point

Flutes reported buying on in Edinburgh yesterday, so that's not so far from you.

Or did I remember wrong and it came by post?

Shane

Flutes reported buying on in Edinburgh yesterday, so that's not so far from you.

Or did I remember wrong and it came by post?

Shane

By post, Shane. It costs more for me to get in to Edinburgh than posiage out does. I'll have to learn to walk on water, it's only a few miles over the firth then.......

Paul.

I'm still hoping that the painting in the AMW Calendar is an indication that there will be a gift set release with 92 'King Cobra' in Green......

The hopes have been fulfilled Dave...... According to Airfix's blurb though........

Paint Scheme - 92 Squadron RAF Guttersloh 1980s.

1980's eh? If only!!!

No F6 though?

Edited by Bill Clark

Hannants now listing the Lightning kit as in stock. 50plus!!

Yes, I'm disappointed about the F.6, although tbh I've seen harder conversions to attempt!

Anyone know if there are aftermarket Red Tops available?

You can have the unused ones from my Trumpy kit if you like!!

Yes, I'm disappointed about the F.6, although tbh I've seen harder conversions to attempt!

Anyone know if there are aftermarket Red Tops available?

Flightpath do a very nice set, complete with trolleys.