Decals for Gloster Meteor?

Matave

Mats, pretty sure that you are out of luck. Model Art did a sheet a long while back with the yellow 'Britannia' F4 speed record attempt a/c but long out of print. I did suggest to Jean Pierre that he do a sheet with a selection of the 'Ivory Flash' Meteors but it never happened. They would a be really nice colourful selection - G-AIDC (red F4), G-AKPK (red T7), EE455 (yellow 'Britannia' speed a/c), G-ANSO (ex 'Reaper') T7 with tip tanks and maybe VW411, a lovely mid blue T7 with a camera nose and F8 tail.

Nice decal sheet opportunity there in 1/72 or 1/48 anyone? Come on Colin/Ali you know you want to.....

meteorIV001.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Being a Meteor night fighter fan I would jump at 48th decals of Ferrantis' G-ARCX or Rolls Royces' G-ASLW.  Even the blander G-AXNE would be nice.

There have been some really nice different Meteor schemes over the years.

Maybe with the cosmic alignment of a new Valiant Wings book on Meteors and a new 1:72 nightfighter Meteor kit from Special Hobby, we can get a sheet of civilian Meteors just from the churn of new interest in the type. Yeah, I know that most of the civil ones are pre-nightfighters, but those kits are already available. Hopefully a renewed interest in Meteors of unusual vintage will get someone to release a sheet. Xtradecal? Freightdog? 

• Like 1