So what's the BIG Airfix announcement at Telford going to be?

Rob P

The issues black and white, it'll be a subject Airfix consider they can make money on. They have done tie ins with several anniversaries in the last couple od years. There's a big 70th coming up next year so it would make sense to maximise returns by issuing new kits that tie in with that - if not then someone needs a rocket under them.

Deffo a 24th Typhoon then... with a 48th Lanc as well......... Maybe......

Here you Go Trev...

Now, call me insane but, no it can't be, they wouldn't, would they? they wouldn't be doing a Lanc in 24th?

Didn't Dynavestor start the masters for one about 3 years ago ?

At 1.30m wingspan and 0.88m length, a 1:24 Lancaster will make a really nice sideboard.

Wouldn't like to try hiding THAT one from the wife!

• Like 1

So the 2014 Calendar is already out then?

Any chance someone can jot down what appears on what month.

Living in Australia, we either have to wait two months to receive the sea mail version or pay approx 50% more for the air mail version, which probably won't arrive at the newsagents until next week..

Cheers.. Dave

.... Can't see Airfix keeping us all in suspense over a new tool Tiger Moth (although I'm rather excited).. It's probably a more modern subject or a really big Beaufighter.. We all want one, however would we buy thus in 1/24th?.

Dave

The 2014 Calendar

Jan FW-190-A

Feb Mosquito NF.II

Mar PBY-5A Catalina

Apr B-25H Mitchell

May Harrier GR.3

Jun Javelin FAW.9R

Jul Lightning F.2A

Aug Hurricane Mk.I

Sep DH.82 Tiger Moth

Oct Boeing 737

Nov Harrier GR.1

Dec Stirling B.II

• Like 1

Dave

The 2014 Calendar

Jan FW-190-A

Feb Mosquito NF.II

Mar PBY-5A Catalina

Apr B-25H Mitchell

May Harrier GR.3

Jun Javelin FAW.9R

Jul Lightning F.2A

Aug Hurricane Mk.I

Sep DH.82 Tiger Moth

Oct Boeing 737

Nov Harrier GR.1

Dec Stirling B.II

JB - your a champ.. Looks like we're getting a new Tiger Moth.. It better not be the old kit with new decals .. Grrrrrr (that's a bad attempt at a Tiger growl ?)..

Cheers .. Dave

Its good that Airfix can keep this a secret so far, just like Tamiya. Its also great that we have a British company that is causing such anticipation.

Robert

• Like 1

There's an even bigger 100th Anniversary next year. 1/24 Sopwith Camel anyone?

Phil

The issues black and white, it'll be a subject Airfix consider they can make money on. They have done tie ins with several anniversaries in the last couple od years. There's a big 70th coming up next year so it would make sense to maximise returns by issuing new kits that tie in with that - if not then someone needs a rocket under them.

• Like 1

Here you Go Trev...

Now, call me insane but, no it can't be, they wouldn't, would they? they wouldn't be doing a Lanc in 24th?

That is Finest Hour Art, not Airfix or Humbrol. I doubt that there is a kit associated with it but would love to be proved wrong.

Just hope ..

.and i know its a long shot ...

1/48"___ westlands puma ..

1/48 westlands navy merlin please please please !'

The puma would be nice, even a decent puma in 72 scale would be nice.

Dave

The 2014 Calendar

Jan FW-190-A

Feb Mosquito NF.II

Mar PBY-5A Catalina

Apr B-25H Mitchell

May Harrier GR.3

Jun Javelin FAW.9R

Jul Lightning F.2A

Aug Hurricane Mk.I

Sep DH.82 Tiger Moth

Oct Boeing 737

Nov Harrier GR.1

Dec Stirling B.II

I think that the Fw190 is an F not an A.

In spite of my scepticism, I'm hearing strong Type 1106/1180/1164 rumours - and I'm the man who said in a public forum the day before it was announced that there was no way Airfix would do the Nimrod.

I think (and hope) you're right. I heard it would happen a couple of years ago. If the other items I heard are true, it could be a good year.

<uberpedant>

A true camel is any animal in the genus Camelus. That includes Camelus bactrianus and Camelus dromedarius.

A wider definition of the term "camel" is that of any animal in the family Camelidae. This includes llamas, alpacas and vicuñas. A more accurate term to describe these animals is "camelid".

</uberpedant>

:smartass:

A 1/24th Sopworth Llama? I can't wait, they've beaten WNW to it

What I don't get is why everyone is so sure it'll be a BIG model.

As far as I could see, the Facebook posts are about a big announcement, not the announcement of a BIG model.

In addition, the posts say they'll reveal new 2014 products, not ALL the new releases as some seem to have interpreted it. Poor old Airfix. What if they announce that the 54mm figures are BACK!!! and oh, by the way, we're releasing a new mould Tiggie?

Unless i missed something, that would fulfill all the announcements, but I bet the screams will be heard from Brisbane. I'll be just trying to get to sleep on Saturday night, so keep it down please.

;-)

Shane

OK I'll bite ... what's Type 1106/1180/1164 if that isn't going to give the game away?

One more day to go

What will we know tomorrow...

It's like a young boy's Christmas when he hasn't raided the cupboards in mum and dad's bedroom beforehand and fused the lights rummaging too deeply looking for the presents.

OK I'll bite ... what's Type 1106/1180/1164 if that isn't going to give the game away?

One more day to go

What will we know tomorrow...

It's like a young boy's Christmas when he hasn't raided the cupboards in mum and dad's bedroom beforehand and fused the lights rummaging too deeply looking for the presents.

All I'll say is that it is a Vickers type...

If I'm right, 1106 is in the XR range, 1180 is XV and 1164 is ZA

;)