So what's the BIG Airfix announcement at Telford going to be?

Rob P

My guess will be another Spit kit, that everyone on here will buy, and probably never build.

Still, after the brilliant Airfix customer service i received when i found my 1/24 Harrier kit was a box of broken bits, they could unveil a steaming t*rd and i would buy it!

My guess will be another Spit kit, that everyone on here will buy, and probably never build.

Still, after the brilliant Airfix customer service i received when i found my 1/24 Harrier kit was a box of broken bits, they could unveil a steaming t*rd and i would buy it!

Well if its a mk 14, everyone will buy it AND build it :)

I'd guess a a Meteor MK 8. But then again I'd guess I'll win the lottery this weekend

Jonners

• Like 1

Hi all

Just thought i would ask ..

' hot product ' ....thats not a kit ? As airfix would say ..kit ...but said ....product ..? Sounds like paint or maybe airfix have done a deal for Johnson's klear ..?.....

I am 99% sure that on face book a week ago the team at airfix said they had finalized the new kits for next year ..and were going to tell us all on Christmas Eve ....

Hi all

Just thought i would ask ..

' hot product ' ....thats not a kit ? As airfix would say ..kit ...but said ....product ..? Sounds like paint or maybe airfix have done a deal for Johnson's klear ..?.....

I am 99% sure that on face book a week ago the team at airfix said they had finalized the new kits for next year ..and were going to tell us all on Christmas Eve ....

On the news index it says model:

Airfix announce new 2014 releases at Scale Model World

Date06/11/2013

Airfix will be announcing a fabulous new model for 2014 at Scale Model World

Why not start running a book just for fun?

You have to guess what model and scale and what you think they will do rather than what you would like

I guess 1/24 Hawker Typhoon

First correct guesser gets to be called Clever Dick by Mike

• Like 1

1/24 Camel?

One hump or two?

Rick.

<pedant>

Camels always have two humps. The thing with one hump is a dromedary.

It's easy to remember - a D (as in Dromedary) has one loop whereas a B (for Bactrian camel) has two.

</pedant>

• Like 2

Well they said a "fabulous" new kit so it's something from Thunderbirds! :banghead:

Paul Harrison

BTW does anyone know who booked the appearance of the OH-6A and UH-1 helo's that are going to be there and are they linked to kit releases?

Edited by GreenDragon

<pedant>

It's easy to remember - a D (as in Dromedary) has one loop whereas a B (for Bactrian camel) has two.

</pedant>

Sorry,

1/24th scale Dromedary

Or

1/24 scale Bactrian Camel?

Rick.

***if you are of a weak disposition or a wingy thing builder, DONT read this***

Oh please god, please dont let it be ANOTHER Spitfire.

Woohoo, it'll be a hot new product, Ill open the thread on BM, wait tensively for the pictures to download, and as soon as I see the begining of the wings downloading, that 'ah crap' feeling will come back and Ill just have to go outside and punch the dog again.

Hot new products suck when they have wings attached to them...

However, there is a small silver lining.

Cant wait until the new kit gets onto BM, and its famous for about 37 minutes until some Herbert decides the doofangle is 2mm too short, the wings are the wrong colour and the decals are 2mm too short. Add to this,'wish they'd done it in whatever scale instead of this one, why didnt they do the B variant and why didnt they release it with Burmese decals or its not a flipping Beaufighter....

The box art will be wrong, the cardboard on said box will be a) wrong colour & B) 0000.78 microns thicker and worst of all, the instructions are not printed on tree hugger friendly paper.....

and all this information will be amassed without actually having the kit in front of them!

Roll on Saturday :thumbsup:

This was, chaps, of course a parody. A joke, just a little laugh....

Steve

• Like 9

<pedant>

</pedant>

<uberpedant>

A true camel is any animal in the genus Camelus. That includes Camelus bactrianus and Camelus dromedarius.

A wider definition of the term "camel" is that of any animal in the family Camelidae. This includes llamas, alpacas and vicuñas. A more accurate term to describe these animals is "camelid".

</uberpedant>

:smartass:

• Like 2

My money is on a 1/72nd Manchester.

Many identical parts to the Lancaster, so limited re-tooling needed, therefore limited investment for maximum return.

We can also dream of a 1/72nd Lincoln or Shackleton, too... :Tasty:

Tom

And an Avro York

And if its not what some modeller,s :poo: want it will be the end of the world :weep::badmood::hanging:

Hopefully even if if they are not interested in the subject they will admire the level of detail and finesse of the best kit Airfix have ever created. The 1/24 Mossie made the statement "We're back", now with 5 years of experience under their collective belts this is Airfix saying "We're here and by gosh look what we can do!"

• Like 1