So what's the BIG Airfix announcement at Telford going to be?

Rob P

As per their Facebook page, Airfix have a BIG announcement to make at Telford.

The much speculated new 1:24 jet? A 1:72 VC10?

Or, as I suspect, their next 1:48 release will be the Vulcan...

I guess we'll see in 4 days time!

If I had my way I would go for a something new altogether like a 1/48 Vulcan. 1/72 Victor or a new 1/24 aircraft like a Hawker Typhoon and not a re-pop of say the Harrier/Sea Harrier with new moulds. Not saying a new mould Harrier in 1/24 would be bad, just more I'd like to see something startlingly new. "Airfix announce the British V Bomber Trilogy of all three V Bombers in 1/48 scale" - Well one can but dream

I guess it won't be a 1/48 Stirling or even early mark Halifax then? :fraidnot:

A 1/12th scale Underwater Buffalo with Aqualung and Flippers?

No? It's bound to be a 1/24th Hawker Tempest or Typhoon or Gloster Gladiator... ...please?

Wez

• Like 2

If it's 'big' then the obvious choice is a Mosquito: presumably bomber, perhaps with 2 stage engines.

The original fighter is largely gone (not listed by Hannants) and is one of the very few, or even only, occasion where Airfix have hinted at a future release: they had said that they had been 'keeping an open mind' on releasing other Marks.

Though I've never examined the sprues, I'm told that they were planned with further variants in mind.

Something Great War related maybe?

1/24 Sopwith Camel or a 1/48 mk.1 tank?

A 1/350 Dreadnought?

1/12 scale figure of a 'Tommy'?

Trevor

We don't need another Dreadnought, how about something different like HMS Tiger, HMS Agincourt or even better a 1/350 HMS Warspite 1916.

I'd wager something large scale to fit in with the 70th Anniversary of D-Day and which they have a large amount of research and information on. If not I'll get a cab from the rank and leave.

Ha! am I the only one to see what you've said there?....

It's a Typhoon! if so WOW! can't wait

• Like 1

The big announcement is; 'All future releases will be decided by seeing what BM members request.'

Followed by lovely young ladies pulling a sheet of white silk off a pile of 1/48 Vulcan kits ready to sell. Topped by a smaller pile of 1/72 scale Beaufighters. :frantic::Tasty:

• Like 1

How about a ...a400-m in 1/72 ?

Its been done!!Revell did one last year.

But I'd be happy with whatever they produce for us ! New tools for some of the really old much needed replacements like Beaufighter, Corsair, Lysander etc.

In 48th maybe a chopper and in 24th not sure of what jet, but I think a late marque Spitfire from the 9 to the Griffon powered versions would continue the Airfix affair with the Spit.

• Like 1

New tool 1/24 Harrier would be good based on their fabulous new 1/72 kit.

Think this is the correct answer......but how did you know.

Why would they do that - I guess the current one is still selling.

Got to be something new to be a Big announcement.

Edited by dambuster

Not quite sure they would do a 1/48th Vulcan but I would love to be proved wrong. I'd have thought a new tool 1/72nd Vulcan would come first then scale it up.

I'm still dreaming for the VC-10 to come over anything else though..

• Like 2