VFS contact info.........

Swede

I have tried to reach Ray with Vintage Fighters about a decal sheet problem. I have two E mail addresses, one was returned and the other I can get no answer from ([email protected]). Does anyone on this site have anyway that I can contact them to purchase a replacement sheet for my P-40 "Tiger" kit? I can't believe there is NO web site or dedicated E mail for these kits. I have purchased everyone of his kits as they have come out but never thought about there not being any way to contact VFS with a problem.

Any and all help/info will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

Swede

I do not think they are in operation anymore. There was a blurb in the September 2013 issue of Scale Aviation Modeller International about Kinetic releasing a 1/24 p-47 based upon the molds used by Vintage Fighters. Might check with them if they have taken it over. Hope this helps.

George,

Appreciate the info! I can't believe this has turned into such a hassle! If only there was a set of aftermarket for the Tiger's I wouldn't be jumping through hoops like this. They produced two P-40', either would be appropriate marked for the Tigers. Some COULD make a sheet to cover different Sqd.'s. But, that would be too easy........

Again, thanks, I'll let you know what I find out. Then maybe you can post the info for all that have the kits..........

Swede

I do not know of any aftermarket supplier for Flying Tiger decals in 1/24. Zotz made some for the 1/24 P-47, but not the 1/24 P-40. I made the P-40 Tomahawk version, may have the left over versions I didn't make in the decal stash. I think there were alternative choices for the shark's mouth, but definitely no Chinese national markings. Don't know if that would help you or not.

George,

I will decide which way to go after I exhaust all avenues to aquire another original sheet. I will keep you apprised of all that happens and I may take you up on your offer.

Thanks, Swede

Well, the search goes on. I was in contact with Lucky Models. They are the proud owners of the P-47 molds. But, they do not have nor are they planning to have the P-40 materials. I had been told that they had gotten VFS molds. Now I will contact Kenetic and see what I find out. Interesting note...both they and Lucky are at the same address.

Swede