Dragon 1:35 Jagdtiger WIP 99% done 12/3/2014

Crossy

Hi guys 1st WIP here and the 1st model model in 3 or 4 years. Please mind my photo's as i've been busy and had to use the phone. I've just add new seams, grab handles and an RB models Barrel. Also made Fruil tracks not shown in the photo's. Any comments good or bad please comment

file-17.jpg

file-16.jpg

file-15.jpg

Regards

Crossy

Edited by Crossy
  • Like 1

your off to a good start with that' i love the jagdtiger and will follow this with interest.

regards oz!

• Like 1

Hi Crossy,

Very interesting subject you have chosen to build. Yet, I was wondering, does Dragon give a full-interior?

Cheers mate,

Nah mate, just a basic gun breach and seat for the commander. I think there's a detail set out that i've seen but can't remember where i saw it

Edited by Crossy

Hi Crossy,

I wouldn't mind seeing pics of your Fruil tracks assembled, I'm wondering what you think of them?

Cheers,

Daniel.

Hey mate, just got back home after a week. The Tracks are great, they do take time, but it's worth the effort. Will post picks as soon as i can

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay finally got the cam done. Forgot to take a picture of the tracks Daniel. I use tamiya white primer, then Tamiya paints for the cam the Dots were done using a Hole punch into post it notes to make masks. It looks like an xmas tree but hope the weathering will tone her down. I'm doing 653's 331. Any comments on how to improve please don't be scared to let me know

Regards Crossy

file.jpg

file-4.jpg

file-5.jpg

file-13.jpg

file-9.jpg

file-11.jpg

file-12.jpg

file-14.jpg

file-1.jpg

• Like 2

looking great so far and very interesting build/paint up, glad you changed out the barrel as the kit one in some of the dragon jagdtigers is too short' as it was originally measured in the recoil position.

regards oz!.

• Like 1

i assume from the open hatch that your putting in a figure?

regards oz!.

• Like 1

nice big beastie.

have to agree on that camo, nicely done, the spots are great. what did you do them with? would also like to see the tracks built up if you have pics.

great build.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, much appreciated

For the dot's, I used a punch and die to make holes in several post it notes for a stencil. Then position em airbrushed, then moved to the next spot hit again with the airbrush repeat till i was happy. Hope that helps. For the tracks i've made em, will take photo's when i paint em and explain how i did it

Regards

Crossy

• 3 weeks later...

Heres an up date. applied a gloss varnish using future waited 48hrs then added the decals and a archer dry transfer(first time using transfers took a couple of goes). Applied another future coat, again let dry for 48hrs. Painted tools in a basic coat. Wood objects I use an acrylic light brown, then applied burnt umber and burnt sienna and blend em with a dry flat brush(Tried this for the 1st time after seeing an article). You can also add different shades of brown and black to add more interest, I'll give it a crack in later steps. I picked up from an art store a acrylic varnish and give it a go through the airbrush using a bit of a retarder and water to thin. Worked really well and gives a dead flat finish. Just remember too let dry for 24hrs. Now too see if it can take enamels and oils. I also airbrushed the tracks(not the spares) in Tamyia flat earth.

Started putting the figure together but the rim of the cap broke, so now waiting for a new head. Still got to fill the gaps in the arms

Next up chips and filters. Any C&C's please feel free, as it'll help me improve

Merry Xmas

Regards Crossy

Gloss coat before Matt varnish

file-15.jpg

file-16.jpg

file-17.jpg

file-18.jpg

file-19.jpg

file-21.jpg

Matt Varnish I used

file-25.jpg

file-26.jpg

file-27.jpg

file-28.jpg

file-29.jpg

file-32.jpg

Tracks

file-22.jpg

file-23.jpg

file-24.jpg

file-30.jpg

file-31.jpg

The headless Crewie

file-34.jpg

file-33.jpg

• Like 1

For the dot's, I used a punch and die to make holes in several post it notes for a stencil. Then position em airbrushed, then moved to the next spot hit again with the airbrush repeat till i was happy.

Have you been watching the Mario Eens DVD "Airbrushing Camouflage Patterns" then?

Impressive work on show here.

• Like 1

LOL, Yeah, but not in a while. Great DVD

Yeah I'm quite impressed with it myself, Adam Wilder's "Authentic Metal" is worth getting as well if you haven't already got it.

I'll follow your build from now on.

Yeah I'm quite impressed with it myself, Adam Wilder's "Authentic Metal" is worth getting as well if you haven't already got it.

I'll follow your build from now on.

Cheers mate much appreciated. Yeah got it mate great DVD, same with his photo-etched DVD, he mates everything look so simply.

Edited by Crossy